‘24 Roster Updated!

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I see we have a couple freshmen walk on RBs. I can't imagine a walk on RB is ever going to see the field at a place like ISU, unless you are fast and make the kick or punt team. Just seems like you would be better off at a smaller school or at least one that didn't just produce Montgomery and Hall to the NFL.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I see we have a couple freshmen walk on RBs. I can't imagine a walk on RB is ever going to see the field at a place like ISU, unless you are fast and make the kick or punt team. Just seems like you would be better off at a smaller school or at least one that didn't just produce Montgomery and Hall to the NFL.

And certainly a walk-on couldn't make the second most memorable running play in Iowa State history! :jimlad:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Thx J! I now count 7 RBs, which makes me feel a little better (walk-ons or not).

And might we some day see a fake FG (pass) or a RB pass with Aiden Flora? He is listed as a RB now, but was a running QB in high school.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

People have their own reasons for walking on, it’s not always about playing time for them.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I noticed over the weekend that the rest of the transfers had been added. Now, looks the rest of the freshmen are listed.

Still no height/weight updates, probably not for another month.

As one of the former interns who entered in the heights/weights onto cyclones.com, I wouldn’t put too much thought into them.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
We’ve had several walk on RBs play.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
In the mid Eighties, I knew a walkon RB named Carlyn Cole. He wasn’t a big guy, I don’t think he expected to see the field, but he kept going out there to be part of and help the team.

Always respected that.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
In the mid Eighties, I knew a walkon RB named Carlyn Cole. He wasn’t a big guy, I don’t think he expected to see the field, but he kept going out there to be part of and help the team.

Always respected that.
I think it has a lot to do with the winner takes all constant competition we exist in. People are only encouraged to dominate rather than how important supporting roles are in society.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
RB's are often the best athletes on their hs teams. Strong, fast, can take a hit.

Seems like a good pond to fish for special teams guys...

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
As one of the former interns who entered in the heights/weights onto cyclones.com, I wouldn’t put too much thought into them.
A tale as old as time is a WR being listed at 6'4" in college. He gets to the NFL Combine and he's suddenly 6'2 3/8".

Reactions: gocy444

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Abu Sama will soon be listed as the next Dickerson, 6-3, 220#.