*** Official IOWA STATE vs Villanova Game(Day) Thread ***

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
I don't know if it's the Ctrans handle, the general stomping around dumpster fire of this thread, the boomer insult, but this old internet gem popped into mind as I reviewed these comments.

Enjoy the *crab* meat
97GUc.jpg
How many coupons did you clip out of the paper today?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I get why Osun likes to flex when he scores inside, but to be honest, he's not gonna win any Mr. Universe contests.

I like Osun, but he should probably tone down the flexing. Save it for when he dunks over someone in a big moment. That being said, I hope he gets a lot of flexing opportunities.

Reactions: Cyguy94

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Just curious,.....how many on this board have been on a basketball floor and attempted a 23' shot? Let alone during a game.

I have 6 varsity games to officiate next week. Unguarded, none of you keyboard warriors would hit the rim 25% of the time in a game situation.

Time to pump yourself up,.....do it.

Probably a lot. I mean, who hasn't chucked a few from down town on the junior high B team?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The biggest observation that I had from the game was that Nova started to get more offensive rebounds once the officials decided that there was no such thing as a foul under their basket. They were just shoving the ISU post players under the basket when they went up to get a rebound. Poor Jaz was tackled a couple times with no call. Probably not going to get a lot of calls against NC today. This is just a game you hope to not get embarrassed too badly in. The Clones only chance is if Grill or someone gets hot from outside.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Everyone saying “we need Gabe back healthy” sure were proven right. An under the radar stat for me was that he had 0 TOs to go with 23/4/3/3. So far, he’s playing the way We hoped he would.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Forget about frittering away a 16 point lead. Almost every Iowa State team in the past loses this game in OT, but TJ has them wired differently. I don’t think you can overstate how critical it is to win this game against a big name program like Nova and then play #1 UNC versus losing and playing Portland. If we’re on the bubble in March this could easily be the difference in getting in. Made my long weekend, it’s downhill from here.
Agree. For the team mentally, that was like winning 2 games.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Just curious,.....how many on this board have been on a basketball floor and attempted a 23' shot? Let alone during a game.

I have 6 varsity games to officiate next week. Unguarded, none of you keyboard warriors would hit the rim 25% of the time in a game situation.

I could probably shoot 25% unguarded, I think I've played enough for that.

I, however, am not a Division 1 athlete, so my standards are a bit different than our players' standards they should be held to.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Forget about frittering away a 16 point lead. Almost every Iowa State team in the past loses this game in OT, but TJ has them wired differently. I don’t think you can overstate how critical it is to win this game against a big name program like Nova and then play #1 UNC versus losing and playing Portland. If we’re on the bubble in March this could easily be the difference in getting in. Made my long weekend, it’s downhill from here.
I realized this last season -- it feels like there's a thing TJ does really well, and that thing is finish out close games. Don't know what it is, but he's got clutch and gives it out to the players. The team last year rarely fell apart and lost late game.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I like Osun, but he should probably tone down the flexing. Save it for when he dunks over someone in a big moment. That being said, I hope he gets a lot of flexing opportunities.
Holmes did say Osun is a very emotional player. Probably just how it's gotta be.

Reactions: Neptune78

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
No replay on that charge, eh?

Hit the rim? Make it , sure. but hit the rim sure.;) 6 games in a week? Have you had your eyes checked lately, probably blind as a bat.:D:D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NWICY

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

I didn't make it past 9th grade basketball and could shoot free throws at a 90% clip in practice.

I was just on the court at Bramalage a few weeks ago for a kids event, it's shocking how close the basket is in real life compared to on TV for 3 point attempts. Anybody that's ever played any kind of basktball on this board could easily hit the rim from 23 feet unguarded one out of four times.