Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I felt the action sequences in this one was superior to the one in episode 3. Still, they introduced a whole new group, of which I couldn't tell whether there were only 2 members or were all the kids at the beach in the group. Still unclear on the motivation of the villains, is it get home or tear down the barrier between realities. And holy hell, Damage Control is starting to look like the Star Wars Empire in terms of ineptitude. State of the art detainment facility and that's how move prisoners through it. Come on.

Still enjoying the cultural aspects of the show, but it's devolving into a travelogue with the occasional story bits. It is very clear though that 6 episodes is not enough time to flesh these stories out. 8-10 would have been better. Felt the same way about Moon Knight.
Yeah that beach scene was random and confusing. Lol great comparison for damage control. I loved how they just broke out and now alarm sounded. Apparently no cameras in there?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yes, I agree. I have found myself bored at multiple points, especially with this past episode.

My Disney+ hot take is that they haven't actually produced a really good show yet outside of Mando. Although I've enjoyed some shows including this one honestly I could have missed every one of the others and I honestly wouldn't care in hindsight.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
My Disney+ hot take is that they haven't actually produced a really good show yet outside of Mando. Although I've enjoyed some shows including this one honestly I could have missed every one of the others and I honestly wouldn't care in hindsight.

Mando and WandaVision for me

• Agree
Reactions: mfelske

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Only one of the Marvel shows I've enjoyed start to finish was Loki. It's the only the show, so far, that I felt made the best use of it's time. I never felt it was spinning its wheels and then rushing to the end. Everything had a (glorious) purpose.

Mandalorian is the gold standard of the all the Marvel/SW stuff so far. However, while the 1 1/2 episodes that found their way into the Book of Boba were that series' best episode, I think that could have detracted from whatever they have planned for S3. I'm glad the Grogu decision is out of the way already.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Thor: Love and Thunder review embargo is up and they are starting to stream in. In general, they look pretty good, but definitely not a unabashed heavy praise as some might expect. Current Rotten Tomatoes critic score is 74%.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Thor: Love and Thunder review embargo is up and they are starting to stream in. In general, they look pretty good, but definitely not a unabashed heavy praise as some might expect. Current Rotten Tomatoes critic score is 74%.

I'm expecting it to be a "turn your brain off and just enjoy it" kinda movie. I liked Ragnarok more than others and I'm expecting Love and Thunder to be in the same vein as that. There are going to be cheesy moments, but if you expect anything else from a Waititi film, you're probably setting yourself up for disappointment.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

Rotten Tomatoes is just an ok site to gauge what TRUE critics think. Literally almost anyone can become a reviewer on RT. And their ‘fresh’ ratings are kind of fudging numbers.

Metacritic is by far better and is the top 50 or so movie critics in the country who rank all movies 0-100.

Interested to see what MC says.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Not trying to be snarky, but why should I care about the rotten tomatoes score?
I think some people use them as a means to keep their expectation levels reasonable more than anything.

I generally don't care about them at all, but a really low score might keep me from spending money to see something in a theater that I was on the fence about.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Not trying to be snarky, but why should I care about the rotten tomatoes score?

Simply gives a general idea on how people are liking the film prior to its opening. It has zero bearing on whether you may like the movie or not. Once it comes out, I also consider it to have the most accurate audience scores, beings how it is the only site that verifies whether someone reviewing the movie actually bought a ticket. Rotten Tomatoes owns Fandango and it only shows verified reviews of people who bought a Fandango ticket to the movie. This partitions off any review bombers which may or may not be there. I buy all my tickets through Fandango myself and get an email right after my showing is over asking me to review my experience for Rotten Tomatoes. This is many times what I do during the credits of a movie while waiting for the final post-credit scene.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not reading the thread or even watching the Thor trailer. Going tomorrow with little JM. He’s seen all the previous Thor movies. Anyone who’s has seen it, is it kid friendly/safe? Any dr strange dark level stuff in it or anything?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Not reading the thread or even watching the Thor trailer. Going tomorrow with little JM. He’s seen all the previous Thor movies. Anyone who’s has seen it, is it kid friendly/safe? Any dr strange dark level stuff in it or anything?
Ask me tomorrow at 8 P. M..

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I need this info by tomorrow afternoon!!

If that is the case, you are going to one of the first public showings as it releases to the public tomorrow afternoon. I'm seeing it tomorrow myself at 6 pm. Therefore, your only bet is to scour through some reviews or google to see some of what the critics are saying as they are the only ones who have seen it.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Bale is going to be really creepy looking (and sounding).

There will be a brief shot of Hemsworth's ass.

That all I got so far.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
So, I watched last night's episode and wow, that was not what I expected. During the first 2/3 of the episode, I was kind of digging the new historical aspect of things, but was kind of surprised how long and deep it was going into it. During it all, I kept thinking that this is only a 6 episode series, we are already on episode 5, and we keep digging deeper and deeper into an episode completely devoid of either Kamala or all her friends we've fallen in love with through this series. Then comes the last 1/3 of the episode where I kept thinking "wat??". This is seriously where they are going with all of this and how a lot of these new character storylines are wrapping up??? Consequently, I found the last 1/3 to be borderline terrible and extremely rushed. I'm not even mentioning seeing some of the worst CGI I've seen in any MCU project. On top of all of this, I'm now left completely baffled as to how it is even possible to wrap this series up in any satisfactory manner with only 1 episode to go. Maybe they will prove me wrong, but how many times have we found ourselves in this same unsure place on most the recent MCU Disney+ shows going into their final episodes, only to walk away from the series wholly unsatisfied? Anyway, those are just my thoughts. I'd be lying if I said this episode didn't give me a sour taste if my mouth for a series I was fairly digging up until this point.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Rotten Tomatoes is just an ok site to gauge what TRUE critics think. Literally almost anyone can become a reviewer on RT. And their ‘fresh’ ratings are kind of fudging numbers.

Metacritic is by far better and is the top 50 or so movie critics in the country who rank all movies 0-100.

Interested to see what MC says.
lol MC is high on movies I hate and low on movies i like. RT if you average out their critic score and fan score is usually spot on with a few exceptions like review bombers. Either way give me RT over MC any day.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
lol MC is high on movies I hate and low on movies i like. RT if you average out their critic score and fan score is usually spot on with a few exceptions like review bombers. Either way give me RT over MC any day.

The RT overall opinion on tentpole movies tends to be relatively close to how I feel on movies too. Indy ones, probably not so much. However, I will say my opinion tends to be higher correlated to the RT audience scores than with the critic ones.