Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

I would prefer no divisions but I agree that league is basically on par with the ACC.

The Pac-12 getting eaten alive lessens the chance that ISU gets left out from whatever middle tier emerges, so I’m for it. Wash St and Ore St are the losers instead this round.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
This tweet is probably just spitballing and doesn't even rise to the level of informed speculation...but if the B1G poaches from the SEC or vice versa, *that's* when the sht really hits the fan.

He is spit balling. No one is leaving the ACC. They’d forfeit their tv revenue.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I could absolutely see Mizzou jump to the Big Ten: it’s more academically prestigious, it’s a better geographic fit for recruiting, its easier to win in, and I think it’s easy to miss this but after today the B1G is gonna make a pretty decent chunk more money than the SEC. B1G alumni bases are massive.

On the B1G side, Mizzou is at least as attractive as Washington I would think.

If it DOES happen, the SEC will have to get a 16th which almost certainly would come from the Big 12 (unless it’s poaching from the west coast too).
No they would get Clemson. Miami would be their fall back.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I will welcome Colorado back, but part of me wants to see them suck it.
This is all just dumb. its like corporations just buying up each other and getting more money. Greed kills.

Does suck to know Iowa is just trotting along because they are part of the league. they will be pulling 50-100M per year making it harder and harder to compete with. Pretty sure we could bring back baseball if we had an extra 50M per year.

I do feel like we are going to get forced out and when the power leagues are created, some things won't make sense. Like why is Washington not in it and Vandy is type of thing.

Logical thing is ASU, UA, CO and Utah.

But wow, does that put the remaining 6 Pac teams in a bind. Stan, Cal, Oregon and Wash will end up in the BIG is my guess. WSU and OSU will get punted.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I'd feel better about this if the New Big 12 (sans OUT) had a few years to establish and are locked into the new media deal. I think ISU should be safe if the top 64 teams break out of the NCAA to the eventual super conference. Thinking and knowing it is a big line with ISU's history will always have me worried conference shakeups would end badly for our school.

The 64-team super conference seems to be dead. If that were going to be a real thing I don't think you'd see B1G/SEC poaching still as they'd simply sit back and dictate the draft of who gets in.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
He is spit balling. No one is leaving the ACC. They’d forfeit their tv reveue.

Yes he's spit balling. But nobody seems to think the ACC GoR thing is going to be a huge barrier to whatever is coming. The ACC will not come out of this in tact.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
My guess is we will be down to 4 major conferences soon. The question is which of the bottom revenue teams are left in the dust. I think Big 12 survives. I would hate to be a member of the ACC that doesn't have an option.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
None of this makes any sense, but if the Big 10 was going past 16, and they were doing it with 4 Pac12 schools, then why is there only news of them going to 16 with 2 Pac 12 schools?
BIG gives the PAC a chance to survive if they only take the 2 right now. PAC has alot of history and I'm sure BIG respects that to a degree.

Reading alot of the PAC boards, there aren't many clamoring to join the B12. That includes the mountain schools. Their choices are join the BIG or make the PAC works still somehow by adding a couple schools.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Not reading 28 pages so I’m gonna say I would love to add the Arizona schools, Utah, and get Colorado back. Some Utah fans are somewhat worried BYU would block entry but I highly doubt they’ll have much say being so new to the Big 12. Utah of course would rather Wash and Oregon stay put and can live in the PAC 12 but I don’t see a way those school don’t leave. Crazy times upon us again

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Again I strongly disagree and the only sports conference that has done it is the old big 12 and that ended poorly
Why did it end poorly? Because there were other options on the table for the dissatisfied teams. When there’s two super conferences there aren’t options. The Nebraska’s of these conferences won’t be in a position to jump ship without taking a revenue hit, because even the lowest portion of P2 revenue will be higher than the lower conferences’ revenue, naturally.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Why did it end poorly? Because there were other options on the table for the dissatisfied teams. When there’s two super conferences there aren’t options. The Nebraska’s of these conferences won’t be in a position to jump ship without taking a revenue hit, because even the lowest portion of P2 revenue will be higher than the lower conferences’ revenue, naturally.
Also Texas. Texas rubs everyone the wrong way. Without them, I think the big 12 wouldn’t have had the issues or at least as much.

Help Support Us

Become a patron