KXNO Sports Fanatics

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Travis is an acquired taste and he's certainly not for everybody. I think even he'd admit that.

I'm a Travis fan.

I remember Travis on TV when I was a pup. And on Z-92 with Todd n Tyler.

He was an internet troll before the internet was a thing. As soon as you realize Travis is trying to "shock and awe" and stir the pot, he's okay.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

He was an internet troll before the internet was a thing. As soon as you realize Travis is trying to "shock and awe" and stir the pot, he's okay.

I imagine he was pretty shocking back in the early 90’s.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021

Ya, he's a big "What about this..." type of guy. It's just that some of his "What about this..." things lead to eye strain with how hard I roll my eyes.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I absolutely cannot listen to the morning show.

Miller and Condon are my favorite. I love the sports gambling side of things and the variety of guests they have. We're able to get the national perspective with their many guests without having Red Sox/Yankees crammed down our throats. Obviously they spend a ton of time on local stuff too.

Murph and Andy are my second favorite. Yes they talk sports but they bring real life into things too. I like their variety. When there are heavy topics these are the guys I want to listen to.

Fanatics, no offense to them but I am about sportsed out at this time. :)

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Ross has Simon Conway on today.
I don’t know who he is but at least he’s somewhat interesting and has an athletic background. And he’s not talking about DM high schools or the hoks.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
This show is laughingly bad. Some guy on talking about MMA the first hour , and he’s gonna hang around to talk to the Bruno guy who’s on every Thursday to plug his business and Ross wants to talk NBA with the intern. No big news in college sports today.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
This show is laughingly bad. Some guy on talking about MMA the first hour , and he’s gonna hang around to talk to the Bruno guy who’s on every Thursday to plug his business and Ross wants to talk NBA with the intern. No big news in college sports today.
The offseason is honestly where CW really brought it for this show. Really showing Ross's weaknesses.

CW would be covering: JJ Kohl proving to be a top QB in the country, Proctor committing to iowa, and the realignment news.
These are huge stories that the Sports Fanatics should be covering.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020

He has Mark Hanrahan in now. He's a good dude. We might get some local sports talk.

Reactions: JP4CY

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I’ve tuned in a few times to Ross’s show but it’s been a brutal listen. At 5pm drive time they talked East High sports for my entire 25 minute commute one day.

I want you to either be 1) entertaining (like Murph and Andy) or 2) talk sports. If you do neither like Morning Rush or Ross solo, it’s BRUTAL. I want to listen and support local but sometimes listening to KXNO can be very cringy.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I’ve tuned in a few times to Ross’s show but it’s been a brutal listen. At 5pm drive time they talked East High sports for my entire 25 minute commute one day.

I want you to either be 1) entertaining (like Murph and Andy) or 2) talk sports. If you do neither like Morning Rush or Ross solo, it’s BRUTAL. I want to listen and support local but sometimes listening to KXNO can be very cringy.
I think I’m out.

Reactions: ACSlater

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
This morning Ross was on with Travis. He was going on & on about how he really hopes ISU doesn't get left out of the super conferences & thus get relegated to some 'G-League'-esque lower level of college football. Basically suggested we might end up being like UNI.. :rolleyes:

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
I don't want to pile on, but I turned Fanatics off a couple days ago as soon as Ross said his guest used to be Herky. The station will lose half its audience if they don't get an intelligent Cyclone-centered cohost pronto. Not sure if AD understands this or cares.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
This morning Ross was on with Travis. He was going on & on about how he really hopes ISU doesn't get left out of the super conferences & thus get relegated to some 'G-League'-esque lower level of college football. Basically suggested we might end up being like UNI.. :rolleyes:
Gu as I’m not missing anything.maybe ‘Ross’ will get left out…..

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I get that CW and Stanzi talk highly of him but damn that guy seems like such a tool.