Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That stinks for Luka but he'll have options to make his way back onto another team.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That stinks for Luka but he'll have options to make his way back onto another team.
Like who? He just got cut by the third-worst team in the league. Not saying he won’t get picked up. I just can’t think of a spot for him off the top of my head.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Like who? He just got cut by the third-worst team in the league. Not saying he won’t get picked up. I just can’t think of a spot for him off the top of my head.
Oh I have no idea but someone will likely pick him up in the G-League and he'll make his way from there. Just saying I doubt he's just going to pack his bags for over seas.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Oh I have no idea but someone will likely pick him up in the G-League and he'll make his way from there. Just saying I doubt he's just going to pack his bags for over seas.
Ah okay, gotcha. I wasn’t sure what his contract situation is exactly.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Tough day indeed.

Interesting that of the 3, Jackson actually was improving (over 10 ppg this year, & a career 33.3% 3pt shooter). Of course, the other two players came from the over-rated B1G, so there's that. I appreciate Luka's hard work - gotta respect that - but I can't say I am much of a fan of the way he plays. Had his NBA opportunity been in the late 80s-early 90s, he could have filled in as a serviceable backup to Bill Laimbeer (where he would be able to get away with pushing and shoving as a defensive strategy to hide his lack of athleticism).

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

I can’t imagine any team thinks they can develop him into viable NBA player at this point. I’m sure there’s a scenario where he lands in G-League but if I had to bet, I’d pick overseas.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Don't know if Garza can go out of the country...Customs might not let Frank back in.

Reactions: Acylum

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I can unequivocally say Kris won't be as good offensively as either Keegan or Luka. They had two historic years back to back. If Kris can average 16/7, then I think that will help a lot and Iowa gets in on the 8-11 spot.
Yeah this won't be enough

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron