New Uniforms Revealed

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
No that's fine. I liked certain things about those unis. I just hope we don't go back to the brighter red. I think we still have the brighter yellow (or close to it)(it's not gold). I would like our yellow a lot more if we added our old 70's gold, or sunflower gold, as well. It would be such an easy solution to use both.

And yes, the helmet with the old Cyclones script on it is great. But make it the right shade of cardinal & gold (if you were to do a gold helmet, which I now don't think we should do)(unless you want to purchase and fit 4 helmets per player!). Here is an example of the wrong way/color, mostly the red (too bright, ie, Criner/Walden)(the gold is close to the sunflower gold)..
View attachment 99535
I messed around with this one below, many months ago, darkening the red only. It's so much better, IMO. The gold still needs tweaking some, but I never got around to it, after deciding we don't need a gold helmet. [I may make a gold helmet yet, just for fun, and this would be fairly close.]..
View attachment 99537
To be clear, if we do this old style 'Cyclones' helmet, or alternate logos on the helmet, it should be an alternate. I'm one who believes we should keep the present I-State logo as primary, for a number of reasons.

Since I don't advocate a gold helmet anymore, the 'Cyclones' cursive would work nicely on the white helmet (permanently, or once in a while). And that would be pretty new (and cool) in itself.
View attachment 99539
To be honest this is my favorite helmet/logo. I love the white version too. Now do an opposite version on a cardinal or black just for kicks, if anyone is able. I am currious.

I have always liked this, and the Orr-nado without any wording, or the slight updated version that Kadavi did. I think those are our best logos.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

psychlones

Jun 13, 2006
Ames, IA
Who can tell me about this helmet in the background of a recruit's tweet?

gold_helmet.jpg

I am familiar with the cardinal version of this helmet, but don't recall seeing the gold version, although maybe my memory is just getting bad?

cardinal_helmet.jpg

For reference, I first saw the helmet here:

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

View attachment 99876

I am familiar with the cardinal version of this helmet, but don't recall seeing the gold version, although maybe my memory is just getting bad?

View attachment 99877

So the helmet that followed this ISU wore 2 colors of helmets at the same time in the same game. While the team wore Gold helmets, they awarded 2 players with Cardinal helmets, that were wore at the same time. Basically opposite of the rest of the team. The rules allowed for this.

I dont know if this was the same thing or not. as I have not seen the gold version used anywhere. But this is my educated guess. Someone may know more.

Reactions: TXCyclones

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021

View attachment 99876

View attachment 99877

I was curious about the same thing - previously, I had only ever seen the cardinal version

Reactions: psychlones

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

View attachment 99876

View attachment 99877

I assume that's a novelty version of that helmet design, to my knowledge that gold version was never used. It's odd because from quick glance it looks like every other helmet design actually was used. (But the "real" version of this one isn't represented).

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
I assume that's a novelty version of that helmet design, to my knowledge that gold version was never used. It's odd because from quick glance it looks like every other helmet design actually was used. (But the "real" version of this one isn't represented).
The "real" cardinal version is also represented - it's on the second to bottom row in the center (hidden in this recruit's pic, but not in this one ~~~~>)

Reactions: cyclones500

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
i still thought i remember reading cw saying something last year before the season started that we were going to get something new this year that the fans weren't going to like.

or maybe he had a coach on a podcast that said that.

@ChrisMWilliams

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
One thing I love about the "helmet wall" is that there's not an ugly helmet on the wall - they're all great looking helmets - some of our uniforms have not been the best, but our helmets all look amazing!

• Optimistic
Reactions: clonedude

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
One thing I love about the "helmet wall" is that there's not an ugly helmet on the wall - they're all great looking helmets - some of our uniforms have not been the best, but our helmets all look amazing!
Are you saying the bugle helmet isn't back there?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
We gotta see if CycloneEquip can get us a picture of just the helmet wall with good lighting. It could go a long way for helping the color discussions we have here.
Send em a message, they probably would post one/send one, doesn't seem like a big request.

Edit: Looks like they already did....LOL

Last edited: