Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm going to think of Tyrese Hunter the same way I do Alan Kulwicki and Lindsay Lohan.

That is, right after the end of his championship season in 1993, Kulwicki was killed in a tragic plane crash. And right after Herbie: Fully Loaded, Lohan was also killed in a tragic plane crash.

So of course, being dead, none of them did anything after that. End of story. And nothing any of you say is going to convince me that reality is somehow otherwise the case.

Same with Tyrese. Hit those big shots in Milwaukee, died in a freak gardening accident this offseason.

Tragic really. But gonna remember the good times.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I'm going to think of Tyrese Hunter the same way I do Alan Kulwicki and Lindsay Lohan.

That is, right after the end of his championship season in 1993, Kulwicki was killed in a tragic plane crash. And right after Herbie: Fully Loaded, Lohan was also killed in a tragic plane crash.

So of course, being dead, none of them did anything after that. End of story. And nothing any of you say is going to convince me that reality is somehow otherwise the case.

Same with Tyrese. Hit those big shots in Milwaukee, died in a freak gardening accident this offseason.

Don't forget your medicine... 1652722513336.png

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019

Lindsay Lohan isn’t dead.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA

What's worse, Hunter going to UT or KU? Still hearing Tennessee is the leader here

"My visits to Knoxville, Purdue, and Spokane were great, really great programs, I like their coaches, their culture, I could fit in great with their style of ball. My buddy visited Austin and Lawrence though. He said you just trip over large bags of cash while walking down the sidewalk. So I'm going to check those out too."

- Tyrese this week, probably.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You'd have to think Tyrese is at the stage of receiving best and final offers, right? Odd this has taken this long.

Reactions: Bardman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Might be holding out for a bigger deal. I kind of wonder if he expected a big NIL payday and the interest isn't like he hoped.

Perhaps a backlash of it being harder than just simply transferring could result in players sticking with a place a bit longer at some point.

Super optimistic, I know, but there has to be a point where there's a risk to just up and going.

• Agree
Reactions: ScottyP

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Perhaps a backlash of it being harder than just simply transferring could result in players sticking with a place a bit longer at some point.

Super optimistic, I know, but there has to be a point where there's a risk to just up and going.
Jon Rothstein tweeted out yesterday that of all the freshman, sophomores and juniors who went into the portal, almost 55% of them hadn't found a new home.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Jon Rothstein tweeted out yesterday that of all the freshman, sophomores and juniors who went into the portal, almost 55% of them hadn't found a new home.

"NIL and free transferring are good for players!"

Sure, some of the time. Great for a Pack or Hunter who can charge a premium and will find a home.

But there is going to be a lot of guys orphaned or dropping down to D-2 as a consequence of this. Going to be easier than ever now to recruit over guys. Not everybody is going to benefit.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
images

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I wonder if he is waiting on some of the players decisions who are deciding whether to stay in the draft. For sure KU's roster will be impacted by that. Not sure about the other schools on his list. Texas has plenty of spots so maybe if it is there it will be announced shortly. My guess is Texas.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I wonder if he is waiting on some of the players decisions who are deciding whether to stay in the draft. For sure KU's roster will be impacted by that. Not sure about the other schools on his list. Texas has plenty of spots so maybe if it is there it will be announced shortly. My guess is Texas.
He has until June1st to find a home correct? What happens if he doesn't find a home? SIAP

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron