Jimbo Fisher unloads on Saban

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
What advantages does Alabama have that A&M doesn't? The only difference I can see is that Alabama has Saban and a better winning record.
Saban cheated on his way up at Bama(who didn't in the SEC?). One of the assistants even took the fall for recruiting violations.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Well now he is gonna involved…. Because of course.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think I'm ready for college football to just collapse on itself and burn to the ground. What a clown show. Guy that makes $10 mil a year is all pissed about NIL being a pay for play system. Guy who benefits from fake NIL pay for play gets all butthurt about someone saying something that is obvious.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think I'm ready for college football to just collapse on itself and burn to the ground. What a clown show. Guy that makes $10 mil a year is all pissed about NIL being a pay for play system. Guy who benefits from fake NIL pay for play gets all butthurt about someone saying something that is obvious.
It's pretty good watching though. It's all heels and faces. That's part of what makes it great. The Bama/A&M game this year is going to draw a huge number of eyes. People love to watch bad blood. In spite of their reprimand, the SEC is laughing all the way to the bank. They know there's no hammer coming on these NIL deals. The NCAA has nothing more than empty threats. All this does is drum up interest

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Both of these dip schats are yelling into the wind. Gimme a break both schools buy kids. And the funny part is Ass to Mouth has literally done nothing.

Reactions: isufbcurt

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Saban has to see a future where most P5 schools can afford to find enough NIL to afford at least a few top recruits. This threatens his status quo.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
It's pretty funny seeing a guy whos coached at Florida State and now Texas A&M claim someone else has a bunch of built-in advantages. The comment would have way more credibility if it came from someone like Matt Campbell.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Hey Texas and Oklahoma, welcome to the conference that for decades has maintained the motto "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin."

I pretty much guarantee that a few years from now, you're gonna wish you could return to your old home. Enjoy the SEC. You deserve everything you get.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I think Jimbo comes off as the clown here. Saban/Alabama at this point is self sustaining. NIL or not, they are simply going to get top talent year in and year out BUT they sure don't want others to be able to compete at their level out there recruiting. Jimbo/A&M are leveraging "NIL" to be able to compete and have little **** syndrome about some pointing that fact out. We all know that they can't compete at that level organically right now.

SEC is a cesspool all around though.
Jimbo can only come off as a clown b/c he knows he works for a school with 5,000 oil millionaires as alums who def pay recruits. Fans know it, other coaches know it, we all know it. What's funny is A&M to this point has dumped so many resources into their program the last 5 years.... and ISU probably has more wins overall. That's the funny thing to me.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Jimbo - STFU - A&M boosters have been paying A&M players for decades. Just own it already.

Saban - STFU - Bama boosters have been paying Bama players for decades, and I don't want to hear you calling out other programs for things your program does as well.

Reactions: BigCyFan

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It's pretty good watching though. It's all heels and faces. That's part of what makes it great. The Bama/A&M game this year is going to draw a huge number of eyes. People love to watch bad blood. In spite of their reprimand, the SEC is laughing all the way to the bank. They know there's no hammer coming on these NIL deals. The NCAA has nothing more than empty threats. All this does is drum up interest
Maybe it ratchets up interest for some, but there are probably some like me that find it so ridiculous that I don’t think I can handle watching anything outside of ISU.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Maybe it ratchets up interest for some, but there are probably some like me that find it so ridiculous that I don’t think I can handle watching anything outside of ISU.
I’m in this boat. But I very, very rarely watch SEC football anyway.