Miller and Condon

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
They are probably the most sports forward show of all the KXNO shows, and I can appreciate that. I'm not knocking the other shows, they all of their unique style of covering sports and I'm guessing you don't get that variety in too many markets.

I do grow tired of so many gambling promos and segments throughout all the timeslots. I get that that is where the sponsorships are right now, I just hope it cools down after most get their accounts going (and other local sponsors can step up).

Ken has a pretty solid stable of guests too, especially during football season.

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
The one that bothers me is when Travis Justice does his intentional stuttering.. I..I..I..I I was down in oxford, Miss. again this weekend... I.. I .. I.. It.. Italy is the only place I will travel to for vacation. th.. th.. th... the I'm not going to say this the politically correct way..

But yeah the sports gambling talk on radio anymore is rampant. Only going to get worse too

Last edited:

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Gave up KXNO completely about a year ago. I stream SiriusXM. In the mornings I listen to Big 12 Radio, Chanel 375 with Ari Temkin and David Archer (Iowa State and Atlanta Falcon QB). Great show. I got sick of the snarky Iowa slant on KXNO. I get all my Iowa State info on Cyclone Fanatic.
The few minutes I'm actually in the car I see if can get 810 out of KC in to get any Chiefs or Royals talk. Unfortunately, depending on time of year, there is a lot of KU, KSU, and MU talk to dodge.
Just heard them try to get ahead of stadium changes with the Chiefs and Royals with a ‘journalist’ named Nick Athan. Sorry, this is a potentially disastrous story and didn’t get much. And the hosts say they aren’t really that familiar with Kansas City. Because the Big 10 tourney isn’t there? Good grief.
Ken is a Broncos fan and knows plenty about KC. Like how the Chiefs currently own a 13-0 streak against his team.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Gave up KXNO completely about a year ago. I stream SiriusXM. In the mornings I listen to Big 12 Radio, Chanel 375 with Ari Temkin and David Archer (Iowa State and Atlanta Falcon QB). Great show. I got sick of the snarky Iowa slant on KXNO. I get all my Iowa State info on Cyclone Fanatic.
That’s the thing, every single one of their shows have the snarky Iowa slant because ultimately WHO is the mothership for Hawk sports. Just not worth the aggravation. Only turn on the channel for ISU game broadcasts.

• Winner
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I usually like the show. Its just 100% sports which is my preference, nothing against the other local shows. Its the offseason so I cut them some slack.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It could be worse if you remember these days... I do find it funny when they cut to Marty he talks about paying his bills "I actually do that" he says which is ironic knowing what we know now

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
They don't even try to hide their hawk bias. ISU wins get minimized and when we lose they go to town bashing us.

Conversely when Iowa wins they go nuts about it and Iowa losses are minimized or usually come with lots of excuses.
Thanks, Rulzzz.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What was Condom's username on here when he was shitposting awhile back?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
1. Sports Fanatics with CW solo or with AD
2. Murph and Andy
3. Miller and Condon
4. Sports Fanatics with Ross.
#4 is the only one I routinely have to turn off. I normally listen to the full shows of #2 and 3 daily. I’m not a big sports betting guy but I can listen to stuff like guys arguing/ debating win total O/Us all day.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
The one that bothers me is when Travis Justice does his intentional stuttering.. I..I..I..I I was down in oxford, Miss. again this weekend... I.. I .. I.. It.. Italy is the only place I will travel to for vacation. th.. th.. th... the I'm not going to say this the politically correct way..

But yeah the sports gambling talk on radio anymore is rampant. Only going to get worse too

OMG this x1000, that guy & his damn stuttering will probably be the reason I stop listening on my way to work. And it's very obvious it's not some speech impediment, it's like he thinks it makes him sound smarter or something. He doesn't even live in DSM, not sure why he's even on that show.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Don't forget the ahhhhhhh......uhhhhhhh....aahhhhhh between every thought. He's the worst.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
OMG this x1000, that guy & his damn stuttering will probably be the reason I stop listening on my way to work. And it's very obvious it's not some speech impediment, it's like he thinks it makes him sound smarter or something. He doesn't even live in DSM, not sure why he's even on that show.
Can someone tell me when they actually talk about sports? I'm only in the car for the last half hour of the show usually and all I ever seem to hear is Bruno, Paul Parizek, the stupid penalty box thing, constant bagging on Shawn, what ever trip Travis is getting ready to go on or just got back from.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Can someone tell me when they actually talk about sports? I'm only in the car for the last half hour of the show usually and all I ever seem to hear is Bruno, Paul Parizek, the stupid penalty box thing, constant bagging on Shawn, what ever trip Travis is getting ready to go on or just got back from.

Yeah, I would hardly call it a sports show. They'll briefly mention sports topics throughout the show, but it's mostly junk/BS'ing.

• Agree
Reactions: ScottyP

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
1. Sports Fanatics with CW solo or with AD
2. Murph and Andy
3. Miller and Condon
4. Sports Fanatics with Ross.
#4 is the only one I routinely have to turn off. I normally listen to the full shows of #2 and 3 daily. I’m not a big sports betting guy but I can listen to stuff like guys arguing/ debating win total O/Us all day.

I think Ross is awesome. He'd be at the top of my list. I know he's a Hawk, but I feel like he's very fair to ISU.

If I could pick someone to have a 2 hour conversation with, Ross would be in the running.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I understand generating sports topics in Central Iowa 5 days a week would be hard, but their show is absolutely rinse, wash and repeat. I've always found the segments with Parizek as totally odd as well. It's just an overall boring show.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Ken was a pioneer for sports radio in the state, but it’s time to take the horse to pasture.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

The ask 5-0 segment on Tuesdays is absolutely brutal. How is that still a thing?