How many more season tickets would Harrison Barnes mean.

farmerbrent

Feb 29, 2008
I was just wondering if a lot more season tickets would be sold if Harrison Barnes by some strike of good fortune, becomes a Cyclone. It is a little fair weather, but I would get season tix if he comes. I was just wondering how many others would. I could honestly see Harrison almost single handedly restoring Hilton Magic. Let's just hope it happens.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I agree. He'd give an initial bump that winning would have to sustain. He'd give that needed bump though.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I doubt it would have much of an impact. Most of the people that are following the recruitment of Barnes are probably already season ticket holders. I don't think there'd be much buzz in the general public if he signed. Was there any impact when Fizer signed?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Winning == more ticket sales

Losing == less ticket sales

Hope == more ticket sales

The degree to which HB would contribute to any of those would determine how many more tickets would be sold because of him...

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
I doubt it would have much of an impact. Most of the people that are following the recruitment of Barnes are probably already season ticket holders. I don't think there'd be much buzz in the general public if he signed. Was there any impact when Fizer signed?

There was buzz surrounding Fizer.

Barnes is the 2nd coming of "The Mayor", it would be a immediate impact. Period. The kid is a flat out phenom.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If he signed word would spread to people who wouldn't otherwise know. I'd tell a few. :smile:

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
If he signed word would spread to people who wouldn't otherwise know. I'd tell a few. :smile:

Well, yeah, so would I. And most of the people I know would say, "That's great. Let me know when they are actually winning some games."

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I know for a fact it would mean at least 2 more season tickets sold (my fiance and I). Other than that I couldn't tell you.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Speaking of Barnes... anyone else going to the Marshalltown/Ames game tonight? I will be there.

CyTom

Mar 30, 2006
Des Moines
I would probably get tickets for my wife and I, currently don't buy season tickets. Being an Ames product would help get even more than Fizer.

farmerbrent

Feb 29, 2008
I think if he can win a couple state titles, and get the national attention, he will pretty much be a household name in the state of Iowa. I just think he would create a buzz at Hilton never seen before. I think he would be Fred Hoiberg times 10. Fizer's buzz was OK, but being from Ames, Barnes would just blow the roof off. Besides, Hilton Magic was alive and well when Freddy and Fizer came. I just hope Harrison knows that he couldn't do this anywhere else but here. And I hope he embraces that. He would go down as a beloved Iowan icon. At Duke, KU, or UNC, he would just be another great basketball player. I think I've talked myself into 5 season tickets if he comes. My kids need to be a part of his magic.

Please come to Iowa State, Harrison.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I was just wondering if a lot more season tickets would be sold if Harrison Barnes by some strike of good fortune, becomes a Cyclone. It is a little fair weather, but I would get season tix if he comes. I was just wondering how many others would. I could honestly see Harrison almost single handedly restoring Hilton Magic. Let's just hope it happens.

We would be SOLD OUT via season tix if Barnes became a Cyclone. It would be a zoo. Ames High games (home and away) are a zoo now, and he's just a junior.
There will be at least a hundred fans (proly twice that) waiting for him after the game at the Ames High gym tonight for an autograph and/or picture. People, it's gotten to that point...

Last edited: