AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Tre King's waiver was denied. He will play after semester end
I wonder if the NCAA reason for denial will ever be made public. I guess we don't need to know all the details but still I sure hope they gave us a good reason and it was valid. [And I know, premium content]

Good player. We'd be lucky to get him. Still crossing my fingers.

He does kinda seem like a short Larry Bird [Larry Bird MVC POV], athough maybe needs to work on his passing/assists. But why throw it to someone else when you can just score yourself?

I'm sure Green has some areas he wants to/needs to improve on in order to better fit in at the next level. I would really like to see him try to make those improvements at ISU.

I think he is NBA material now. Just how good "NBA ready" I'm not sure yet. He shoots pretty good!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

A lot of those highlights are him creating for himself and shooting with someone in his face. Is that typical of UNIs offense? If so they are really going to be screwed without him. Those are some incredibly difficult shots he's hitting.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
A lot of those highlights are him creating for himself and shooting with someone in his face. Is that typical of UNIs offense? If so they are really going to be screwed without him. Those are some incredibly difficult shots he's hitting.
Not really. He obviously had the freedom to do that, especially when he was on, but UNI also runs a ton out of the high post with a bunch of flex cuts and back cuts.

UNI will be fine. Top 4ish in the Valley next year and then back to competing for titles the year after. Big time PG from Michigan already committed for 2023. Only junior that was first team all state in Michigan's largest class. RJ Taylor.

Reactions: Acylum

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Not really. He obviously had the freedom to do that, especially when he was on, but UNI also runs a ton out of the high post with a bunch of flex cuts and back cuts.

UNI will be fine. Top 4ish in the Valley next year and then back to competing for titles the year after. Big time PG from Michigan already committed for 2023. Only junior that was first team all state in Michigan's largest class. RJ Taylor.

Looking forward to seeing him in an ISU uniform if he blows up!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Why would they want to play for a psycho coach? They could just go to Iowa and get some quiet study time when they're on the bench (because the coach's kids have to play) during home games.
Is there any rumors that hold water as to Juwan Howard to the Lakers?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

Terrible freaking podcast that AJ was on.

If he doesn't stay in the draft, the list appears to be:
Iowa State
BYU
Stanford
Wisconsin
Texas Tech
Memphis
Duke

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Iowa State
BYU
Stanford
Wisconsin
Texas Tech
Memphis
Duke

So.......there is a list. great

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006

Iowa State
BYU
Stanford
Wisconsin
Texas Tech
Memphis
Duke

My goodness - that’s some stiff competition!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Iowa State
BYU
Stanford
Wisconsin
Texas Tech
Memphis
Duke

Not sure I understand BYU and Memphis. The rest... Ok. Of course Duke is tough to beat and amazing opportunity for him if that's what he wants to do

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Not sure I understand BYU and Memphis. The rest... Ok. Of course Duke is tough to beat and amazing opportunity for him if that's what he wants to do
Agreed. BYU I can kind of get to, UNI just played out there in the NIT and the atmosphere was pretty great but Memphis makes absolutely no sense to me in any way.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron