Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Is there an age limit that prevents players from going directly into the G League? College basketball is going to replace the G League at least in pay which seems wrong. While I think the players deserve a piece of the pie this chaos every spring is ridiculous.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
The whole thing started because he was supposedly going to UNC for $. All the UNC fan is saying, which is true, is that UNC has better guards on their roster already so it doesn't make sense for him to go to UNC.
Agree
IF he leaves, I very much doubt NC would be the destination. My first guess - big 10.

Reactions: 2122

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Perhaps the Hunter rumors are stimulus for Hunter to get a decent NIL deal at Iowa State. We don’t really know anything.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
We're over 36 hours deep and no one knows anything. Maybe there's some truth to it but the original tweet that started this was no cause for concern at all. The only reporter that has said anything said there's no truth to the UNC rumor specifically. The pay sites have no incentive at all to dispel this rumor either.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
The whole thing started because he was supposedly going to UNC for $. All the UNC fan is saying, which is true, is that UNC has better guards on their roster already so it doesn't make sense for him to go to UNC.
This whole thing started because he was supposedly leaving and for money. Do you think UNC is the only opportunity available?

The UNC guy doesn't need to go over UNC's roster, it is not important to Hunter leaving, and more about the UNC fan never missing an opportunity for a little lineup warfare.

The money part doesn't matter in isolation, although one can't ignore the ominous future it suggests if we can't respond to 200k

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
This whole thing started because he was supposedly leaving and for money. Do you think UNC is the only opportunity available?

The UNC guy doesn't need to go over UNC's roster, it is not important to Hunter leaving, and more about the UNC fan never missing an opportunity for a little lineup warfare.

The money part doesn't matter in isolation, although one can't ignore the ominous future it suggests if we can't respond to 200k

Perhaps a better NIL deal at Iowa State is what Hunter is angling for. We really do not know. Hunter gets a better NIL deal and stays at Iowa State. And it does not necessarily mean $750k. Just much better than what he has. We have no idea what is taking place behind the scenes. We just know we signed a decent big man target. And got a good one before.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Lol at thinking scholarship limits matter or that Carolina is 'out'.

Arkansas currently has 19 guys.

IMO it would be very short term thinking of Hunter to extract a few additional NIL dollars while limiting your minutes and playing time to let NBA Scouts assess your game and growth and become a lottery pick. Hunter is not a good enough shooter and has not been a consistent offensive threat for Lottery IMO so far. He certainly has potential. That potential is likely better revealed at Iowa State. North Carolina gets guys like Hunter constantly. Even better. I could actually see this playing out with Hunter at Iowa State. And a better NIL deal. Get your money out. Put up or shut up.

• Winner
Reactions: cyence and Cyclad

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Perhaps a better NIL deal at Iowa State is what Hunter is angling for. We really do not know. Hunter gets a better NIL deal and stays at Iowa State. And it does not necessarily mean $750k. Just much better than what he has. We have no idea what is taking place behind the scenes. We just know we signed a decent big man target. And got a good one before.
As long was we, which means the fans AND JP as much as others think otherwise, give TJ the ability to compete at what is not that large of amount for the most important input to wins. There will be a time in which NIL gets too large, that time is near, so we better get what we can out of next year or the year after.

My basketball opinion is we could buy a better fit for next year. Particularly if we have Williams.

While we're talking front office moves, Green needs to be scholarship #14, paid via a Kyle Green bump in pay. Likely with some NIL added on.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
As long was we, which means the fans AND JP as much as others think otherwise, give TJ the ability to compete at what is not that large of amount for the most important input to wins. There will be a time in which NIL gets too large, that time is near, so we better get what we can out of next year or the year after.

My basketball opinion is we could buy a better fit for next year. Particularly if we have Williams.

While we're talking front office moves, Green needs to be scholarship #14, paid via a Kyle Green bump in pay. Likely with some NIL added on.

What is Tyrese Hunter’s present NIL deal?

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
IMO it would be very short term thinking of Hunter to extract a few additional NIL dollars while limiting your minutes and playing time to let NBA Scouts assess your game and growth and become a lottery pick. Hunter is not a good enough shooter and has not been a consistent offensive threat for Lottery IMO so far. He certainly has potential. That potential is likely better revealed at Iowa State. North Carolina gets guys like Hunter constantly. Even better. I could actually see this playing out with Hunter at Iowa State. And a better NIL deal. Get your money out. Put up or shut up.
“Don’t transfer to School X because they’ll recruit over you - stay at School Y because it will help you make the NBA” is a self defeating argument. If Hunter has an NBA future, then he’ll be a major contributor at any program. If he doesn’t, then he should get his NIL money while he can if that’s the most important thing to him. Can’t blame him for it. I personally don’t think he’s an NBA talent.

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
I will drop these facts on you conspiracy nuts nonstop until it finally sinks into your meth-addled brains.

- UNC is loaded at point guard. You have junior RJ Davis, a McDonald's All American, who just took UNC to the national championship game. You have Caleb Love, a 5-star McDonald's All American, who is probably coming back. You have incoming freshman Seth Trimble, a top 40 recruit. Then we have 5-star Simeon Wilcher coming in 2023.

- UNC currently has no open scholarships. If one were to open up, the immediate priority would be to find a stretch 4 who can offset the loss of 6'9" 3-point marksman Brady Manek. If a 2nd scholarship were to open up, the 2nd priority would be another wing scorer.

- InsideCarolina is the most heavily trafficked college basketball board on the planet. They haven't missed a scoop on UNC basketball in 20 years. Nobody on their premium board even knew who Tyrese Hunter was until somebody popped in to say "have you guys seen the rumor Iowa State fans are spreading?"

No one associated with UNC is spending $750,000 on a guard who shoots 27% from 3pt range. No one from UNC is tampering with a player who doesn't even have the slightest chance of getting minutes on our team next year considering we are loaded at his position next year (and for the foreseeable future.) I'm honestly a bit concerned you guys have taken such an obviously nonsensical rumor and run this far with it. This is flat earther level conspiracy nonsense.
Hey dude, **** you, **** UNC, **** Roy Williams, **** Hubert Davis and **** your crooked ass program that should have received the death penalty ages ago.

I'll leave you with this:

Watch "Iowa State vs. North Carolina: DeAndre Kane's shot beats UNC – 2014 March Madness" on YouTube

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron