Eddie Podolak in Tampa

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I have my fair share of booze, but I am not a public figure. If I were, I would make sure that I didn't act like a drunk jack*** in front of a camera.

There's no law against being a jackass. And that's where my problem lies. We are passing our morality out here onto a person who doesn't have any association with us. There is nothing illegal going on. And yes it looks like he's drunk, but there really is no factual proof of that. It's just assumption based off of a picture. Why are we so consumed with the Hawkeyes that we give a **** if their announcer was drunk and taking a peek at some boobs in Tampa? Seriously, he's not that public of a figure and this is just an embarrassing situation at most, nothing more. Why can't we just say, "Yay! Typical Hawkeye" and leave it at that? It's funny.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Podolak is an announcer. He did not send his team home so he could stay and party with the locals. I'm a bit surprised that some on here can't see the difference. Most Iowa folks find Eddie pretty funny, me included.

I'm surprised that people are offended by an adult drinking beer and having fun while on a trip to a bowl game.

These aren't the Cyclone fans I remember from Phoenix, and Shreveport.... and every single tailgate I've been to!:smile:

May 14, 2006
Waterloo
And I"ve seen at least one signature here that has a quote from Playboy magazing I believe that says something on the order of, If you don't like alcohol, don't go to ISU. Drinking is a pasttime there.

Seriously, I wonder sometimes about the people on this site and what you do in your lives? I'm not bashing on you, that's fine, but it seems like at least half the people here are ministers who have never had alcohol touch their lips. The guy got drunk, maybe did a couple of stupid things, but in the end there isn't a whole lot of harm going on in what he's doing. Maybe embarrasing to him and his family, but nothing truly harmful, X-rated or illegal. When did ISU become the Morman State University? Last time I was there (for a football game) there were plenty of drunks acting like fools. And everyone of them was wearing an ISU shirt. I've even been flashed breasts by a girl at a cyclone game, (Eddie Robinson Classic against FSU) so I would give her some of my beads. I didn't ask her to do it, she just didn't, and I didn't look away either. Should I be cruicified for my behaviour that day? And yes, I told my wife about the whole incident. Not because I was worried shed have issues, because I thought it was a damn funny story. "Hey, I'll show you my **** if you give me your beads!" before I could answer "no thanks" she lifted up her shirt.

Anyways, I'm just trying to say that this stuff happens all the time. It's his life, it's his job and his employer who has to deal with this. It's not like he killed anyone or misrepresented our school. Who are we to tell him how much to drink and how to act at a bar in Tampa? Especially when the parking lot outsided our own stadium is known to hold it's share of drunk *****.

Let me start off by saying that I have had my fair share of embarassing moments. I like to let my hair down and have a few once in a while.

But, you are saying there is no harm and he didn't do anything illegal.

Harm? How about the harm to his wife? His kids? His reputation? The reputation of the University of Iowa?

Illegal? There is a crime called public intoxication. You can get charged with this crime if you are drunk in public.

If you think that he is not ashamed of these pictures being on the internet, then you are nuts. He may not admit it, but who wouldn't be a bit ashamed/embarassed?

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
There's no law against being a jackass. And that's where my problem lies. We are passing our morality out here onto a person who doesn't have any association with us. There is nothing illegal going on. And yes it looks like he's drunk, but there really is no factual proof of that. It's just assumption based off of a picture. Why are we so consumed with the Hawkeyes that we give a **** if their announcer was drunk and taking a peek at some boobs in Tampa? Seriously, he's not that public of a figure and this is just an embarrassing situation at most, nothing more. Why can't we just say, "Yay! Typical Hawkeye" and leave it at that? It's funny.

BINGO!!!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
The only thing trully harmful is how it affects his family and I am sure this incident doesn't amount to much inthat regard. they are either used to it or sick of it already. Different story if the lady in the pick doesn't want it to happen but she seems to be playing along

Agree, but again, it's not our job to pass morality on him or his family. It's their problem not ours. And I guess I would agree with this if the sentiment here were more to the tune of, "Wow, we should help this guy out." rather than, "Look at this jackass hawkeye, how can we let this continue, he should be fired." Morality goes both ways. I could say we are pretty shallow for not giving a crap about the important stuff and merely mocking this because the guy is a Hawkeye. If this were a Florida or USC announcer, would we be making as big of a deal of it here?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
There are alot of people assuming alot from these pictures too. Sure, he looks drunk, but a picture can be very deceiving, especially when someone isn't expecting it... Maybe he knows this woman, maybe they are friends joking around, maybe his wife is just out of frame...

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Agree, but again, it's not our job to pass morality on him or his family. It's their problem not ours. And I guess I would agree with this if the sentiment here were more to the tune of, "Wow, we should help this guy out." rather than, "Look at this jackass hawkeye, how can we let this continue, he should be fired." Morality goes both ways. I could say we are pretty shallow for not giving a crap about the important stuff and merely mocking this because the guy is a Hawkeye. If this were a Florida or USC announcer, would we be making as big of a deal of it here?

Another direct hit! Very good post!

troyrew

Apr 19, 2006
Las Vegas
I bet you are right I just wasnt sure

I like Ed he is a good guy who likes his drink I have never seen him cause a problem at all, he can defenitly be the life of the party.

Does anyone remmember the charity Ski races that use to be on NBC on year Ed got in a fight with another person racing down the hill. It was hilarious I will try to find it.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I think so many people are so appalled b/c of the comments we all got from Hawks when LE went down. Who cares? Not me. Live and let live.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I'm not sure which side of the fence I'm on regarding this issue but for some of you who think it's no big deal, consider this scenario. What if he was photographed at a party in his hotel room where he was having sex with a woman and those pictures got out? He wouldn't be breaking any laws and would just be doing what a lot of us do in our private lives. Would that be just as ok?

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
It is the same, both represent(ed) a school both have photos of being drunk. How much money LE made had nothing to do with it.

Are you serious? First of all LE was the 4th highest paid state employee and Ed Podolak is NOT A STATE EMPLOYEE; I think that right there qualifies as a huge difference when comparing the two. Second of all, LE was traveling to and from games on the University's dime, expensing anything and everything from meals to gas to natty light. I'm sure Ed was there on his private companies dime, but that is for them to deal with. His employer understands the risks of hiring a guy like Podolak.

For you to even try and compare the two is ridiculous.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I'm not sure which side of the fence I'm on regarding this issue but for some of you who think it's no big deal, consider this scenario. What if he was photographed at a party in his hotel room where he was having sex with a woman and those pictures got out? He wouldn't be breaking any laws and would just be doing what a lot of us do in our private lives. Would that be just as ok?

DO NOT WANT! Those pics would be just gross... then again, I don't have to look. :biglaugh:

None of my business, but I'm sure it would be an explosive scandal! He'd be out of a job, quick. For an example, see the Metrodome duo's fate (I think she was fired...)

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

What does that have to do with these particular pictures at all?