COVID and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
With news breaking that our women's team is down the Joens' sisters for tonight's game, my backburner worries are creeping forward.

Our men simply cannot afford to be down 2-3 players for ANY games this year due to COVID. Would be a disaster, especially, for instance, in a game like this Saturday which is 100% winnable and needed to keep NCAAs alive. But it's a game if there was a COVID breakout and we still had enough players to play that would stick a fork in us if we were out a handful of players.

It's honestly pretty amazing our programs have steered clear of COVID so far this season. Fingers crossed we have very minimal, if any, COVID positive cases from here on out. But I'm not hopeful given how easily this variant is to spread whether you're vaxed and boosted or not.

• Wow
Reactions: dirtyninety

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I think most programs are going to have some games with some guys missing. Have to hope it evens out I suppose (hurts one game, helps another), though obviously it may not work out that way.

Also, in before someone caves this thread lol.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
COVID just another factor. Being competitive this year just makes it so much more obvious how the men, being in the #1 conference year after year, have such a difficult course. I looked at the ACC and see one (Duke) team out of 15 is ranked. Can you imagine playing 94% of your conference games against unranked teams? Imagine resting your starters in several games! Imagine winning by 20! Imagine being 5-1 or even 6-0 right now!

But I suspect most of us, even the players, would rather be where we are. Literally every game is an emotional, gut-wrenching battle, win or lose. Then add in COVID, add in refs that are unpredictable, this is the anything-can-happen season. Just hang on and keep hoping and keep watching. At least we have reason to care every night!

• Agree
Reactions: Tri and Yellow Snow

JD4560

Nov 12, 2015
Men are all vaxxed because when you’re on a team and you want to be part of the team you make sacrifices to be 100% in. The two womens players are obviously not all in. Terrible look. CMC is probably pissed.
Duh. Come on man. It's not a mandatory thing. Can still get the covid with a vax They are college students not professionals. Does it suck to not have them ? Yes. But its not the end of the season. I kind of look at it like an injury. It sucks but move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron