*** Official #11 IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma Game(Day) Thread ***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
That cortez kid got away with like 4-5 passes that were actually terribly dumb passes that ISU turns into TO in 9 of 10 games. They just happened to hit today when the ISU D was just off tonight
Definitely seemed like our guys got gassed like they had not in past games. OU moved the ball enough and made our guys work on O and it caught up to ISU in the end.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I thought the offense was effective (relatively speaking) most of the game, but when we lost the lead went into complete panic mode AND that happened to coincide with OU shredding our defense (which was its usual dependable self for the most part).

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
The team hit a wall today but the question is do they hit the wall if they are up by 20 or does that cause OU to throw in the towel.

I expected to lose today. I was super thrilled with how we were playing early but I’m not going to freak out that we didn’t beat a marginal top 25 team on the road. A team that almost beat Baylor on the road earlier this week. Some of you need some sort of medication to control your emotions.

I guess I don’t know where you are thinking they get 10 FTs in the game (and think they would make them all). They didn’t force the issue for the refs. They settled for too many contested midrange shots instead of taking it hard to the rack.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Only take i have from this is that losing on the road in the Big 12 is ok. We're going to do it a lot. So will everyone else.

What im not ok with is choking games away. Get your **** together and use this as a wake up call. Otherwise youll be staring at 1-5 in conference soon enough

And it appears teams like TCU and OSU can't be slept on.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Can anybody agree that Gibson drew ten fts and Brockington didn’t create enough contact for one? IB and Hunter were the most aggressive dangerous offensive players in the game and both 0-0.

This thing was a joke. They need to forget it and move on but fans can discuss reality.

Last edited:

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
We were talking about the last 10 mins. In which case their offense was very good and efficient, probably helped by fatigue on ISUs part.

fatigue and lack of morale from all the valid above mentioned. Wish I had A Bridge Too Far gif where Rundstedt is quizing FM Model about the western front in Belgium....

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I guess I don’t know where you are thinking they get 10 FTs in the game (and think they would make them all). They didn’t force the issue for the refs. They settled for too many contested midrange shots instead of taking it hard to the rack.
I don't think it was the deciding factor, but the light contact fouls they called in the last 3 mins on OU was there to call the entire night.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
17 guaranteed games left. Get 7 wins and we should be in the tourney. We are limited and arguably in the toughest stretch in our conference season. We could lose the next 4 and likely fall out of the rankings (which may not be a bad thing), reset and go find 7 wins.

Reactions: stateofmind

MattCampbell

Mar 12, 2021
GK can’t start the next game. It would be ok if he was getting 8-10 pts but there were multiple instances where he made a bad offensive play, and then came down and made a bad defensive play. I feel bad for the kid but something is going on and tre or Caleb deserve those minutes.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

This by a bunch. How many times did ISU make OU really get out of position in the lane to create the contact?

ISU was not able to guard on ball as well either which looked to result the calls on them. OU went right at them.