Dear ISU AD: Please Stop Changing Hilton

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
You are taking away from the Hilton intimidation factor and atmosphere. Hilton was built with steep seating and fans on top of the action. Now you moved the students 25 feet away from the baselines and put them behind a fence. There’s 15 feet of bare concrete between the floor and student section. Return those new bleachers and bring back the old. Jack Trice seating is far from the field, don’t do the same to Hilton. And turn the lights back up. The upper deck looks like a black, empty void on TV.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm trying to think of other student sections that dont have some type of "enclosure". We may have been somewhat unique in having no psychical barrier between the court and the student section. Makes you wonder if the Big 12 required it or something.
Thought I read on Twitter it was done to mitigate court storming.

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Students can’t influence free throws back that far. Also it’s so dark you can even see the I-State banner covering the tunnel in the student section. This isn’t an AMC movie theatre for Pete’s sake.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
Also, I have to imagine the tear down and set up of Hilton is a lot easier/quicker with the bleachers vs. the chairs. Not that I think it's ideal but with the COVID budget crunch I get it. Especially if the fencing is to reduce court storming fines. Which is OK to do, as long as it's done "safely" so I think having a barrier to slow it down initially is not a bad call.

The Jamie Pollard stepped down thing is weird, because I'm fairly certain they said that during the women's game too, just without the graphic.