*** Official Iowa vs #17 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
don’t want to overstate the importance of this game but from an early season rankings and staying undefeated side of things, this game is huge.
15 UConn lost last night
Minne and Wyoming took their first L’s of the season.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
The whole key to this game will be limiting the damage the Murray twins do.

I'm not worried at all about our backcourt. Bohannon can't even get a shot off against athletic guards and Conor barely plays anymore. Gabe will completely shut him down.

Joe T vs Hunter will be a good matchup. Hunter should be able to frustrate him and he's not much of a shooting threat.

Patrick will be a mismatch on Brockingon, can't let him get by for easy layups, the key will be making him force his patented runners in the lane which have about a 10% chance of success.

Murray will be a handful, I think he's a better all around player than Garza or Weiskamp was. He'll get his 20 but we need to make him inefficient. This isn't a game I see Enaruna playing much as I think he gets manhandled early and benched. I think we'll see Kunc on him most of the game.

Rebraca does a bunch of little things average, and nothing really well. I think Conditt shuts him down also.

Perkins and Uhlis will probably come off the bench and hold Gabe and Brockington in check most of the night, but neither are shooting threats.

If our defense shows up and we can frustrate the Murray's into taking bad shots we win. Iowa is really bad defensively and I think we are a better rebounding team.

Cyclones win 70-64.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I am not sure how big of game this is in the big picture but I do know that as much as I despise the hoks and their fans, JorBo has a special place at the pinnacle of hok trashdom. I would like to see him beat like a drum. I would like to see him absolutely emasculated and I will pay Top $$ for a photo of him getting posterized by Hunter.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I am not sure how big of game this is in the big picture but I do know that as much as I despise the hoks and their fans, JorBo has a special place at the pinnacle of hok trashdom. I would like to see him beat like a drum. I would like to see him absolutely emasculated and I will pay Top $$ for a photo of him getting posterized by Hunter.

I just can't hate Bohannon. He's not good enough to hate. He just tries way, way too hard. Just comes off as wanting to be hated but not being good enough to deserve it.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

And this is a good post. In the grand scheme it means nothing outside of maybe shoring some things up before conference starts. But it's the personal side of this that makes it special, and I have no doubt TJ will have the guys ready.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
Instead putting a boot up Jorbo ass put his shoes up there so he doesn’t leave them behind

Reactions: Dirt Boy 2

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I don't think either Enaruna or Kunc can stay in front of Murray honestly, going to be dependent on help-side rotations.

Reactions: CoachHines3

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I suspect TJ has a better understanding of this rivalry than Prohm did. At least we shouldn't look unprepared. Hopefully we spent most of our practice breaking the press. For the love of God don't allow open looks from 3. Contest everything.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyputz

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I want to see lots of this tonight:

Og5vZr.gif
These two get me every time.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I don't think either Enaruna or Kunc can stay in front of Murray honestly, going to be dependent on help-side rotations.

agreed.

we dont have a guy who can guard murray 1 on 1. Will be a team effort on him. Condit has to stay out of foul trouble.

on the offensive side we have to try and get him in early foul trouble to take him out of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: intrepid27