All FB coaching rumors and speculation

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Not a good business model. “Our website is only usable if your ‘voluntarily’ donate” isn’t good at all. Especially when they’ve explicitly said the only difference is the content you get from staff insights.
Yup. Asking for monthly contributions so “we can keep the site free”. LOL

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Just my 2 cents, but hiding information regarding the most important figure in Iowa State athletics history leaving the school behind a paywall seems in poor taste
If the info was posted by employees of this site, then they have every right to publish info to paying customers first. Afterall, Cyclone Fanatic is a for profit business entity.

The info gets out eventually on the free side. If it is important for you to be first-in-the-know, then pay up or stop complaining!

FWIW I am not a subsriber to patreon info on Cyclone Fanatic.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Not a good business model. “Our website is only usable if your ‘voluntarily’ donate” isn’t good at all. Especially when they’ve explicitly said the only difference is the content you get from staff insights.

If you hate our site so much why do you spend so much time on it? Do you want me to just ban you?

The premium model supports our free podcasts, free day to day coverage of the Cyclones and the server / tech costs that run this board that you are using again, for free.

Honestly, just leave if you think it sucks so much.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I have no issue with the rest of the premium content like the Jay Jordan breakdowns, no ads and additional podcasts or whatever, but hiding an article about if Campbell is leaving or not is on another level. I’m not paying for premium as a college student, but that shouldn’t prevent me from getting information on if CMC is gone or not
If CMC was leaving, it would pretty quickly in other online sources like DM Register, ISU Daily or Ames Trib. Easy enough to bookmark those sites.

As a college student you need to be worried about finals rather than who our FB coach is;-)

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
If you hate our site so much why do you spend so much time on it? Do you want me to just ban you?

The premium model supports our free podcasts, free day to day coverage of the Cyclones and the server / tech costs that run this board that you are using again, for free.

Honestly, just leave if you think it sucks so much.
I don’t hate the site. I just want the ads that have been getting reported for months now to actually get fixed.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I don’t hate the site. I just want the ads that have been getting reported for months now to actually get fixed.

Doing my best. 95 percent of our people do not have problems. The ads are not nearly as easy to fix as you would think. Everybody is on a different device, browser, etc. People don't update things when they are supposed to. Some do. Some never do. It's a total pain in my ass, which is why we are trying to get away from that model.

Reactions: davegilbertson

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I can only imagine the conversation between the moderators and CDub.
“Yeah Chris, you may want to check out the Campbell leaving thread. It turned into a Cyclone Fanatic bashing thread.”
CDub:
BewitchedCarelessHippopotamus-size_restricted.gif

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I can only imagine the conversation between the moderators and CDub.
“Yeah Chris, you may want to check out the Campbell leaving thread. It turned into a Cyclone Fanatic bashing thread.”
CDub:
BewitchedCarelessHippopotamus-size_restricted.gif

I came in here because I was going to drop some information for the free folks and found this.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Doing my best. 95 percent of our people do not have problems. The ads are not nearly as easy to fix as you would think. Everybody is on a different device, browser, etc. People don't update things when they are supposed to. Some do. Some never do. It's a total pain in my ass, which is why we are trying to get away from that model.
Speaking of devices how has Apple’s new privacy policies affected CF? I know some of the social apps have taken hits.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019

If you like the site and regularly consume its content then wouldn’t it make sense to just become a paid user? It’s obvious that they need to bring in money to pay for what they do. If you aren’t willing to pay the monthly rate, then the least you could do is deal with the ads and not ***** about it.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
CW, since you don’t do a mailbag anymore but you’re here, when can I expect analysis on Taylor Swifts latest Taylor’s Version? Honestly love it, but think the 10 minute version of All Too Well is overrated. Could’ve done with just 5.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron