What will ISU be ranked?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Thanks, Captain Obvious. That’s why I said they will be in the “others receiving votes”. There is that category since you don’t seem to understand how polls are put together, genius.
You still don't understand, if you aren't in the top 25 your points are irrelevant

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
You still don't understand, if you aren't in the top 25 your points are irrelevant
Wow, dude. You’re a genius. In case you didn’t know, more than 25 teams receive votes. While you won’t be ranked, you’ll still be the team with the 26th, 27th, etc. most votes.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
You people who think we'll just be receiving votes and not be ranked are delusional or just plain stupid. They beat a #25 team by 8 and the 9th ranked team by 20!
...they'll be somewhere closer to 20 than 25.
Correct if the voters do what they should. I mean resume wise this early, there aren't many that will stack up to ours. I would have to question voters why they vote Xavier in at #25 and Memphis at #9 and then another undefeated (one of only five I think that are 6-0) just blasts them off the court and then NOT rank that team.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Correct if the voters do what they should. I mean resume wise this early, there aren't many that will stack up to ours. I would have to question voters why they vote Xavier in at #25 and Memphis at #9 and then another undefeated (one of only five I think that are 6-0) just blasts them off the court and then NOT rank that team.
You’re also assuming voters are not biased or clueless a lot of the time and always get everything right.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Wow, dude. You’re a genius. In case you didn’t know, more than 25 teams receive votes. While you won’t be ranked, you’ll still be the team with the 26th, 27th, etc. most votes.
If every voter in the country believes Iowa State is the 26th best team in the country how many votes do they receive?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Between 20-25 at best, which is still unbelievable for this team. At worst we'll be getting votes, which I would have taken every single day and twice on Sundays before the season started.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
If every voter in the country believes Iowa State is the 26th best team in the country how many votes do they receive?
Then they’ll get zero votes and not be in the “others receiving votes” since that’s how these poll votes count. I’m glad I’m teaching you the basics of how polls work since you clearly don’t understand.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
You’re also assuming voters are not biased or clueless a lot of the time and always get everything right.
Maybe re-read what I wrote then. First thing I said was "do what they should." Everyone knows the AP voters in football and basketball are completely worthless and vote in strange ways. None of that makes what I wrote incorrect if someone is actually doing their job and voting correctly.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
No. Iowa State could be unranked and receive less votes than the top 26/27 teams. It’s not “literally” a zero percent chance. I don’t think you understand the definition of literally.

There is a 99.9% chance they are ranked. No one will leave them off their ballot. Likely top 15.

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
I’d be shocked if we weren’t ranked. This was a statement win over a team in the top 10 after we just beat another top 25 team. And we’re undefeated.

Reactions: matt and WalkingCY