• Old

Votes: 268 88.4%
  • New

Votes: 35 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
I would guess that the committee assigned to come up with new logo had multiple options to choose from. I would like to see what other options were deemed “not good enough”! They surely can’t be any worse that this boring one!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Casey's new logo isn't distinctive at all out in the marketplace. It's getting some pretty darn serious competition from KwikStar. My personal rankings are KwikStar, Fleet Farm, Casey's, Kum and Go.

Flip Caseys and Fleet farm if you put food in the equation, but FF is usually really competitive on gas prices.

My personal rankings are whoever is cheapest. Usually that's Kwik Star or Fleet Farm around here but they are far enough away from my house I probably burn enough gas driving to and from there that the 2 or 3 cent difference per gallon is burned up on the drive.

Casey's will be #1 for me because I like their pizza. Other than that I don't ever go in to a gas station.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
My personal rankings are whoever is cheapest. Usually that's Kwik Star or Fleet Farm around here but they are far enough away from my house I probably burn enough gas driving to and from there that the 2 or 3 cent difference per gallon is burned up on the drive.

Casey's will be #1 for me because I like their pizza. Other than that I don't ever go in to a gas station.
Have you had Kwik Star chicken tenders or fried chicken? Its delicious. I'd pick that over casey pizza now days.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Sorry, please tell me more about the delicious chicken tenders from the gas station
Not only the chicken tenders but also the fried chicken. Well seasoned, perfectly crispy, and juicy meat. While you're checking out you can also grab an extremely sweet treat like a donut or cinnamon roll. That way you are not only consuming massive amounts of sodium but also sugar, you need to have balanced meals after all.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I remember at an old job I had, we were releasing a new product. They spent a ton of money hiring a marketing agency to come up with the name. The CEO made it clear that he wanted the name to be "Edgy" and stressed that multiple times. Several weeks and thousands of dollars later, the agency came back with their results. Their recommendation? "Call the product 'Edge'".

The CEO loved it. Well worth the money in his opinion.

This reminds me of a time where Iowa State hired who, Nike? to come up with a newer design in the uniforms and Kagavi had some sweet creations, only for them to knock off what they designed for a bunch of other schools.

Sweet nike, how long did you spend designing those? Oh, 5 minutes? Cool.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
The Casey's in my little town just had all the signage updated to the new branding.

All I can say is .... blah.

Maybe you can say the branding was due for some kind of refresh. But now going with this 2D 2-color image is so plain and boring, it's pretty easy to be of the opinion that it's a net-negative for the image. It makes the store look like every other convenience store on the planet.

Anyway, I wish they would have turned my local Casey's into a Kwik Star -- they are just better at everything (except pizza). Since I rarely buy gas station pizza...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Have you had Kwik Star chicken tenders or fried chicken? Its delicious. I'd pick that over casey pizza now days.

No, I haven't and won't and I won't eat them from Casey's either.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
As illustrated by another poster, their logo now looks like everyone else's. It makes sense. It's time to dump the general store theme. But they didn't completely as the stand alone signs still have a barn/chicken shed outline....or is it a garage with a weather vane? LOL Anyway, the first thing that came to my mind is that all signage packaging would be cheaper to produce because it's only two colors instead of four.

An interesting side note is that this rebranding comes at a time where they are expanding their offerings of self-branded items such as soda, chips, etc. When they opened the store at 1st and Delaware in Ankeny, for the first few weeks they only offered their in house fountain drinks as a test. They still have a few.

Iowa is the most competitive convenience store market in the nation. You know it's a tough market when QT is closing and selling stores. And Kwik Trip/Kwik Star is definitely disrupting things in central Iowa. The one across from the Casey's in Grimes appears to do 2X the business...at least at the times when I roll through. Their kitchens are about 2X the size of a Casey's. And yes, their chicken is great.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron