Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
again I did not read that article, and it is possible that then did not get all information. It will be interesting to see the response. If Kirk does not have a logical or reasonable explanation then yes this is BS by him.
What are you expecting him to say? “Yeah I said I was taking a pay cut and didn’t. You got me!” Iowa’s department of public relations crisis will polish the hell out of this turd, Iowa fans and media will eat it up, and nothing will happen or change.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What are you expecting him to say? “Yeah I said I was taking a pay cut and didn’t. You got me!” Iowa’s department of public relations crisis will polish the hell out of this turd, Iowa fans and media will eat it up, and nothing will happen or change.
I’m so glad I wasn’t raised to be a part of that clusterfuck of fan base.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
He has until June 30th.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So to put this into perspective that are just coming into this thread or want to catch up, this is the thought process of one Iowa fan on here:

Head coach instilling an abusive and systemically racist football program = okay

Same head coach not taking a pay cut when asked to do so in a time period where the University is struggling terribly and had to have layoffs / even cut a sport = okay

An AD hiring the head coach basketball coach from UNLV that also happens to be a good friend = disgusting

Is that what the conclusion of that investigation said? those exact words?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Is that what the conclusion of that investigation said? those exact words?
Oh I’m so sorry for summarizing.

"In sum, the program’s rules perpetuated racial or cultural biases and diminished the value of cultural diversity," the report says. "The program over-monitored players to the point that they experienced heightened anxiety and maintained a culture that allowed a small group of coaches to demean players."

There you go. Hope that makes you feel better about the team you root for lol.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

"In sum, the program’s rules perpetuated racial or cultural biases and diminished the value of cultural diversity," the report says. "The program over-monitored players to the point that they experienced heightened anxiety and maintained a culture that allowed a small group of coaches to demean players."

so that means racist?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Dude do you know what systemic racism is? It’s not wearing a white hood and burning a cross..
Yes, but most of systemic racism is not built, it is already apart of society unfortunately. You are saying Kirk purposely built a system a racism geared toward making AA uncomfortable on purpose. I do not think that is the case.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes, but most of systemic racism is not built, it is already apart of society unfortunately. You are saying Kirk purposely built a system a racism geared toward making AA uncomfortable on purpose. I do not think that is the case.
I’m not saying anything. I literally provided a quote from a 3rd party firm that investigated Kirk’s Football Program. We don’t need to go 10 rounds on this again today. We already know your beliefs on this situation.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Is there a better name for that firm than Husch-Blackwell? Chefs kiss.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Kirk purposely built a controlling program and that isn't even up for debate. What is hard about all of this to understand? I have to admit though, your dedication to downplaying all things Kirk is pretty remarkable.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Kirk purposely built a controlling program and that isn't even up for debate. What is hard about all of this to understand? I have to admit though, your dedication to downplaying all things Kirk is pretty remarkable.
The whole “he didn’t know his rules were discriminatory towards other cultures besides white kids” argument amazes me.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The whole “he didn’t know his rules were discriminatory towards other cultures besides white kids” argument amazes me.
Yeah, that whole “no dreadlocks” rule was a real detriment to all those kids from Bettendorf

I mean he had to give the players permission to wear hoodies and hats for christ sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.