NBA: Jordan vs Lebron

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
those who think Lebron would beat Jordan one on one are delusional.
Why are they delusional? He could just back him in every time. The dude is 6-8 265 for **** sakes. Jordan couldn't have even bodied someone like Karl Malone in the paint back in his day. GTFO. I'm old enough to have seen plenty of both of these guys and they are neck and neck.

• Haha
Reactions: Halincandenza

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
LeBron was given absolutely nobody on his first stint with the Cavs. Who was the second best player when he made the finals in 07? LARRY HUGHES! LARRY HUGHES! Michael Jordan could never!

Then he dragged them to the finals and had Golden State on the ropes on his second stint with ******* Matthew Delledevoda as the second best player.
You’re trying to make your point by trotting out two LOSSES in the Finals...Really?!

Larry Hughes was the man!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Jordan.

He played back when the NBA was exciting and TEAMS ACTUALLY PLAYED DEFENSE!!! Now it is just unwatchable garbage.

NBA's always been known for lax defense as far back as I can remember. 82 games is a lot.

Might actually be the best it's ever been for skill level right now.

Now college...that's some bad basketball going on.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Jordan.

He played back when the NBA was exciting and TEAMS ACTUALLY PLAYED DEFENSE!!! Now it is just unwatchable garbage.

This is way overplayed. It wasnt defense, it was dirty. The PnR is almost impossible to defend when ran right. That's what you're seeing in the modern game. The offense is just that good.

• Haha

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Right on- your stats are legit and I appreciate you posting them. However, a couple other thoughts regarding the numbers you’ve presented:
a) I think your stats reinforce my point- MJ took those guys and made them into warriors...they didn’t need MJ to win every night. MJ built a solid core of supporting players, sort of a next man up mentality. Not to say they didn’t miss MJ, but MJ built a true team, not one built on one guy.
b) Do your stats account for players who were added or lost from the previous seasons’ rosters? If the Cavs lost a key player or two in addition to King James, maybe that accounts for the huge drop in losses...?

What say you sir?
It seems to me you're spinning it in a way to fit your narrative. I don't think MJ made them into warriors. I think the GM surrounded MJ with warriors.

The bulls failed to make the finals in half of MJ's seasons in Chicago. Is that because he didn't make them into warriors yet or because he just didn't have enough talent surrounding him yet?

As for your other point, I don't know who else they lost that offseason, but I do know who else was on the team and I doubt it could account for that dramatic of a nosedive.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It seems to me you're spinning it in a way to fit your narrative. I don't think MJ made them into warriors. I think the GM surrounded MJ with warriors.

The bulls failed to make the finals in half of MJ's seasons in Chicago. Is that because he didn't make them into warriors yet or because he just didn't have enough talent surrounding him yet?

As for your other point, I don't know who else they lost that offseason, but I do know who else was on the team and I doubt it could account for that dramatic of a nosedive.
MJ made them into warriors.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I think you are confusing good players with warriors. Just because you are good, doesn't mean you are warrior. Jordan made the team into what it was.
This all started by saying that MJ made his team better. I love that you're using made up things to prove it instead of just looking at the teams before and after.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think you are confusing good players with warriors. Just because you are good, doesn't mean you are warrior. Jordan made the team into what it was.
Lol. Notice how Shaq and Kobe didn't even make it to the finals and then the first year Phil Jackson was there, they won and ended up winning 3 in a row.

• Dumb

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron