JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I think that most people would be shocked at how well some of these career truck drivers can back trucks. I've seen some crazy backing that I didn't think was possible.

Yep. The other reality is they aren't going to put a newbie or unskilled truck driver on that haul. The last thing any trucking company wants is ABC saying "XXX was unable to play today because their equipment truck crashed on the highway. Here's some live shots of the accident" and they cut to a video of the trucking companies logo plastered over the side of the truck with the equipment trailer split in half on the side of the highway.

As far as protective bollards and such, renderings never show that stuff. That or they use architectural measures to disguise it. Like Target does with those big round concrete orbs that are in front of some of their buildings.

Reactions: beentherebefore

ajspatio19

Jun 9, 2020
Ankeny
I think that most people would be shocked at how well some of these career truck drivers can back trucks. I've seen some crazy backing that I didn't think was possible.
My first year interning as a civil engineer student I spent the whole summer in the field. I was always amazed watching the low boy drivers deliver equipment to the sites. It takes some real talent to drive the way those guys did.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Mystery Solved:

The Geek in me ( I just HAD to know) .... I called the ISU ticket office this morning. The person I spoke with said the tunnel WILL be covered. He said the slope of the hill will be different than the past, but the entire hill will be grass, except for the new walkway.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Mystery Solved:

The Geek in me ( I just HAD to know) .... I called the ISU ticket office this morning. The person I spoke with said the tunnel WILL be covered. He said the slope of the hill will be different than the past, but the entire hill will be grass, except for the new walkway.
The world needs more 'geeks' like you who do the legwork to get the truth. Thanks!!!

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
This is correct. There is excess demand with the Jack Trice so it's possible that is expanded as well when adding new suites in that area.
How do you expand Trice club and put in suites in the same place.
If you replace Trice you eliminate those extra $$ and incentive for those people. Seems like all venues have some VIP seating

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Mystery Solved:

Thank you!

To be fair, it looks like they won’t have the forms up for either a “cap” or the rest of the West walkway in order to pour today.

Maybe they’re doing that on the ramp on the East side?

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Thank you!

To be fair, it looks like they won’t have the forms up for either a “cap” or the rest of the West walkway in order to pour today.

Maybe they’re doing that on the ramp on the East side?
There are graduation ceremonies at the stadium today and Saturday.