5. Matt Thomas
6. Georges Niang
7. Rahshon Clark
8. Xavier Foster
9. Chris Colvin
10. Monte Morris
Bonus
11. Eli King

FIFY bolded are CSP recruits. I am excited as anyone about the the future of MBB and TJO. I get a little discouraged when there is continuing CSP bashing and the above is my admittedly childish reaction to it. Saying that I think it's time to just look forward, TJO is our coach and all want the program to succeed.

Giving Eli King (bolded) to Prohm. That a bit disingenuous don’t you think?
CSP recruited some high end talent. I’m not sure that high end talent which he recruited developed a ton during his tenure. Halliburton was the exception. But he had to take Wiggs and THT off the floor for long periods of time in late 2018 because of undisciplined play. You would like to think they would have been farther along in their development at that point.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Giving Eli King (bolded) to Prohm. That a bit disingenuous don’t you think?
CSP recruited some high end talent. I’m not sure that high end talent which he recruited developed a ton during his tenure. Halliburton was the exception. But he had to take Wiggs and THT off the floor for long periods of time in late 2018 because of undisciplined play. You would like to think they would have been farther along in their development at that point.
Yeah King is a TJ recruit and Hunter is a CSP recruit although TJ did have to basically re-recruit him. I think Lipsey will be in the top 12 too once he gets back in front of people.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
1. Craig Brackins
2. Lindell Wigginton
3. Tyrese Hunter
4. Talen Horton-Tucker

5. Matt Thomas
6. Georges Niang
7. Rahshon Clark
8. Xavier Foster
9. Chris Colvin
10. Monte Morris
Bonus
11. Eli King

FIFY bolded are CSP recruits. I am excited as anyone about the the future of MBB and TJO. I get a little discouraged when there is continuing CSP bashing and the above is my admittedly childish reaction to it. Saying that I think it's time to just look forward, TJO is our coach and all want the program to succeed.

Why is Eli King bolded?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Fizer was the best HS recruit ISU has ever landed. Now if you are talking best recruits best on their HS ranking even if they transferred hear, then you have to probably put Jerome Harper up there with Fizer and Royce White up there probably around Brackins.
And of course the best class ISU has ever signed included Jerome Harper but that class ended up being a disaster for Eustachey. If I remember correctly, it was rated #2 class in the country by one service.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
1. Craig Brackins
2. Lindell Wigginton
3. Tyrese Hunter
4. Talen Horton-Tucker

5. Matt Thomas
6. Georges Niang
7. Rahshon Clark
8. Xavier Foster
9. Chris Colvin
10. Monte Morris
Bonus
11. Eli King

The only thing your post does is prove how inept Prohm was. He had 2 of the Top 3 recruits in school history paired with an NBA lottery pick and an All Big 12 first teamer and he goes 9-9 and loses in the first round.

Hoiberg would have had that team in the Elite 8.

Lol, I won't even mention that the 2nd highest recruit in the history of this program can't even crack the starting lineup on his legendary teams.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The only thing your post does is prove how inept Prohm was. He had 2 of the Top 3 recruits in school history paired with an NBA lottery pick and an All Big 12 first teamer and he goes 9-9 and loses in the first round.

Lol, I won't even mention that the 2nd highest recruit in the history of this program can't even crack the starting lineup on his legendary teams.

I don't really care about Prohm all that much...seems like a nice person but in over his head! But a lot of us seem to forget Fred's last game as HC at ISU! Now, yeah...it was only one game but it was a major choke job! While HC here...Fred was fun and exciting! But he wasn't infallible when it came to his coaching tenure.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Let. It. Go.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I don't really care about Prohm all that much...seems like a nice person but in over his head! But a lot of us seem to forget Fred's last game as HC at ISU! Now, yeah...it was only one game but it was a major choke job! While HC here...Fred was fun and exciting! But he wasn't infallible when it came to his coaching tenure.
That was an outlier, he already had proven his teams were Sweet 16 material those 4 years.
Let. It. Go.
Lol, I'm not the one bringing it up continously, I simply reply to posters that keep talking about him.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
CSP was recruiting King, though he didn't close the deal. Somehow, I don't believe it was his recruiting that landed King. More likely, it was TJ's close relationship with the family.

Why do I think 5 years from now fans are still going to be debating if Hunter and King were CSP or OTZ recruits?
I will give Prohm credit for Tyrese's initial commitment (with an assist from D-Rob).

Since TJ had to re-recruit and build a relationship with Hunter and his family and was able to get a recommitment from Tyrese he gets full credit in my mind and is his recruit. Tyrese's career is tied to TJ's early tenure and will have nothing to do with Prohm.

Eli coming to ISU, especially committing this early, is 100% TJ despite having a standing offer. I am not sure why this is even a thought. Lipsey was always thought to be an ISU lean but wouldn't announce with Prohm as the coach due to the direction of the program. He's also TJ's recruit.

In the end it doesn't really matter in my mind. TJ is the coach and these are his players.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Fizer was the best HS recruit ISU has ever landed. Now if you are talking best recruits best on their HS ranking even if they transferred hear, then you have to probably put Jerome Harper up there with Fizer and Royce White up there probably around Brackins.
And of course the best class ISU has ever signed included Jerome Harper but that class ended up being a disaster for Eustachey. If I remember correctly, it was rated #2 class in the country by one service.

I think the class with Fizer was rated #1 by some services at the time. When Bruton and Henderson didn't show the ratings dropped. Still a good class and just needed a Tinsley to succeed. Didn't the Jerome Harper class include Chris Alexander?

Reactions: Halincandenza

kcbob79clone

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Hoiberg had an extremely more talented team lose in the first round. Your point?

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Maybe should have been italic :mccaffery:

CSP identified, recruited and offered. TJO got the commitment, hence the italics.
Uh, no. TJ recruited and signed Eli's brother. He was well aware of Eli and there is NO WAY Prohm was getting Eli King to Iowa State.

• Agree
Reactions: rochclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron