Izaiah Brockington commits

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
giphy.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Looks like TJ really went all in for getting more toughness into the program. Looks like he is an okay scorer, which is good. Going to still be painful to watch for the beginning of the season, until these guys at least know each others name.

I think it depends how soon they all get on campus. Formal workouts maybe can't happen (I don't track that stuff), but if they are all buying into the program, there sure can be a lot of pickup ball played at Sukup. The women's team last yr with the 4 freshman actually were going around Ames and finding outdoor courts to play on, so I guess it depends how dedicated you are.

Reactions: Halincandenza

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Huge end to the class!

Wow! Welcome Izaiah!

I was beginning to talk myself out of him coming the past few days, thinking he might go elsewhere! But TJ did it again. I am impressed by his first class for sure!

Izaiah, work on your outside shot some, yes. But even if you don't, I like your game a lot. You have many ways to score. And your defense should be infectious! Be a leader, that's what this team needs, some leaders. You are going to be a big help to this team! Thanks for coming to Ames! You will love it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Should be a fun fall. Football team has nice potential and then basketball will have lots of new faces but perhaps some real potential there too.

At least knock off a couple of ranked teams in Hilton type of good which would be fun.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
One interesting tidbit on Brockington is his dad, Antoine, played basketball for Coppin State and lost to Iowa State at Hilton in both 1996 and 1997.

Did not know that until now. Cool.

That inspired me to delve further: He was second-leading scorer (20 points) in (15) Coppin State's upset of (2) South Carolina in the '97 NCAA tournament.

Game recap: