Good for Ra!!!!

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
He’ll learn more in a year under Few than he did 2+ years under dumbf*ck. Good for Ras.

I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that makes me think you are anything less than a truly spectacular a$$hole.

That doesn't mean that are necessarily an a$$hole; it's possible we could get along just fine in real life if we ever met in person. But man, you seem really, really angry about everything on this site.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Thanks, I humbly accept the congratulations and back at you for getting 'response' versus 'post' right.

It was all in fun but we should get the responses in the thread to the original post back on track congratulating Ra and thanking him for 2 years here. Once a member of #CyclONEnation always a member.
Congratulations for an excellent display of humility and what being a loyal son forever true really means.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
This is a second transfer like Grill. Hope both get their waiver...

Bolton doesn't need a waiver, he's a grad transfer.
Did Grill sit a year his first transfer? If so, I think he gets to use his one penalty-free transfer this time around.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Ask @enisthemenace as he is the grantor of the limited amount of congratulations that can be dispensed. I hear a committee is being setup and all requests are made in writing.

I am not sure why this is such a mess. Seems like a win-win for the TJ fanbois. Either he does great and it’s all Prohm’s fault he didn’t flourish here, or he sucks and our hero TJ was right to throw him out.

Either way not sure why they want the kid to give up his dreams

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
I would like to thank all of you CF'ers who have managed to keep the OP alive much longer than necessary, especially he who shall remain nameless.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Bolton doesn't need a waiver, he's a grad transfer.
Did Grill sit a year his first transfer? If so, I think he gets to use his one penalty-free transfer this time around.

I thought the new rule was you get one waiver now. Bolton used his waiver to come to Iowa State. Grad transferring without sitting out isn’t a thing anymore. It’s just one waiver whenever you want to use it.

reignofthetiger

Apr 24, 2010
Carmel, IN
Congrats to him, I'll be interested to how Few does with him in their offense (or rather if Rasir can adapt his game to more team-focused play).

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I thought the new rule was you get one waiver now. Bolton used his waiver to come to Iowa State. Grad transferring without sitting out isn’t a thing anymore. It’s just one waiver whenever you want to use it.

Technically, they aren't give a waiver but rather a one-time "exception" to the waiver process. This directly copied from the NCAA:

"The waiver process will continue to be available for students who do not meet the criteria of the one-time transfer exception or who wish to transfer more than once."

Rasir will get a grad transfer waiver.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Congrats to him, I'll be interested to how Few does with him in their offense (or rather if Rasir can adapt his game to more team-focused play).
His pros:
Can creat his own shot if he needs to
Is capable of knocking down threes (his percentage will go way up)
Can be a cutter to the basket
Good slasher
Can finish
Good rebounder for size
Can be decent at defense and with a smaller role on the offensive end, I think he’ll improve
Very good athlete
His cons:
Inconsistent three point shooter
Will try to iso a lot and play stagnant
Passing needs to improve
Can be turnover happy
A good kid, but hasn’t always been a “culture guy”
Doesn’t have a good history of winning
Won’t succeed if he’s “the guy”
Verdict: He can be a great asset for the Zags as the third or fourth option. If he’s relied on anymore and other guys are struggling, it would be very less than ideal. I think Bolton will benefit from playing with better talent. Played way fast at times with the ball in his hands 24-7. He can have a lesser role and play off the ball a whole more. Should be used a spot up shooter, a cutter to the rim, someone who can move the ball if needed, and a guy who can get his own jumper or layup. Needs to improve on numerous things. I believe he is capable, but his attitude and approach will have to change. That is most important. Honestly if Mark Few believes in him to take the chance, I do as well. Few is a guy who gets who he wants and chose Rasir over others. Sorry for the rant. Thought this was a decent analysis.

Reactions: jcisuclones

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Technically, they aren't give a waiver but rather a one-time "exception" to the waiver process. This directly copied from the NCAA:

"The waiver process will continue to be available for students who do not meet the criteria of the one-time transfer exception or who wish to transfer more than once."

Rasir will get a grad transfer waiver.

Your quote says nothing about grad transferring. It literally says he will have to apply for a waiver, as he does not meet until criteria of someone who hasn’t used their exception. Now he could apply for the waiver and get it.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Your quote says nothing about grad transferring. It literally says he will have to apply for a waiver, as he does not meet until criteria of someone who hasn’t used their exception. Now he could apply for the waiver and get it.

And, grad transfer waiver are always automatically granted. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
And, grad transfer waiver are always automatically granted. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Because they literally changed the rule a few weeks ago? Automatic waiver for grad transfer isn’t a thing anymore. It’s a one time transfer for anyone, whatever year they want to use it. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

It’s the very bottom of that link. He will have to apply for a waiver, as he’s already transferred before.