Why does my tap water smell like chlorine?

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
And is it safe to drink? I’ve never smelt it like this before. Very strong chlorine smell straight out of the faucet. Des Moines metro.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It's a vast governemnt conspiracy to create an illness that you have to get treated for. That treatment will contain a tracking device and mind control chip. Don't drink the water. In fact, don't drink any water, tap or bottled, for at least the next month.

It's all available on the web if you want to be woke.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
City probably changed wells and havent got the caroline dialed in for it. Probably wouldn't hurt to call them and find out for sure. It sucks when they change wells and dont adjust the chemicals

Reactions: mkadl and cyputz

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
City probably changed wells and havent got the caroline dialed in for it. Probably wouldn't hurt to call them and find out for sure. It sucks when they change wells and dont adjust the chemicals
Maybe Des Moines waterworks is trying to kill us all.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Sometimes they have to dial it up to deal with runoff into the rivers as well.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'd go with bottled for a few days. My first thought was - I hope he doesn't live in flint, michigan

Chlorine wasn't the problem in Flint. The problems were much more severe than the water smelling like a swimming pool. You can thank industry for polluting the local rivers, causing the old lead pipes to corrode, causing high levels of lead in Flint water. That was the issue, not a little bit of chlorine.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Chlorine wasn't the problem in Flint. The problems were much more severe than the water smelling like a swimming pool. You can thank industry for polluting the local rivers, causing the old lead pipes to corrode, causing high levels of lead in Flint water. That was the issue, not a little bit of chlorine.
Yeah I wasn't serious in comparing the two..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron