NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I like the trade. You aren't going to get a tackle of that caliber picking at the end of the 1st round and shows the Chiefs front office is not going to waste Mahomes best years by being cheap either. Still need to find a center and another tackle to to complete the OL rebuild but every move they have made so far to rebuild it has been acquiring some proven impact guys.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I like the trade. You aren't going to get a tackle of that caliber picking at the end of the 1st round and shows the Chiefs front office is not going to waste Mahomes best years by being cheap either. Still need to find a center and another tackle to to complete the OL rebuild but every move they have made so far to rebuild it has been acquiring some proven impact guys.
Yep, only question I have is he hasn't played Left Tackle in NFL and that's what he wants to do. I think he will play it well but there are some that question if he has the foot speed to be able to do it.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I heard from a Chiefs guy on KXNO (Nick Athon) that there is a chance that they resign Keliche Osemile. It sounds like he wants to be there and Nick thinks he can play tackle. I didn't think there was a chance he would play again after badly injuring both knees, but I guess i was wrong. Cool thinking of a ISU guy with the chiefs.

Reactions: t-noah

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
They also have Lucas Niang (TCU player) to play somewhere. He sat out last year for COVID but was projected as a future tackle. They also get Dr Laurent Duvernay-Tardif back as well I think after doing his Dr thing in Canada caring for COVID patients,

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yep, only question I have is he hasn't played Left Tackle in NFL and that's what he wants to do. I think he will play it well but there are some that question if he has the foot speed to be able to do it.
I think he did play LT last year.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I heard from a Chiefs guy on KXNO (Nick Athon) that there is a chance that they resign Keliche Osemile. It sounds like he wants to be there and Nick thinks he can play tackle. I didn't think there was a chance he would play again after badly injuring both knees, but I guess i was wrong. Cool thinking of a ISU guy with the chiefs.

If KO is healthy I'd like to see him back in KC but I dunno given his health lately if he can still play tackle. He didn't play much this year before going down and that was at LG and the previous season he only played 3 games with the Jets so that is just 8 total games over the past 2 seasons he has played. In 2018 he played in 11 so I am a little concerned about his durability going into his 10th season at age 32. Would love to see him play again but he may only be OL depth at this point given his recent injuries.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
My mistake. I thought you were talking about Orlando Brown

No worries, I would assume Brown is going to play LT given the current choices on the OL right now. Fisher was adequate but he never lived up to his #1 overall status but he did make the pro bowl in 2018 and 2020 I guess. I doubt the Chiefs are done with big moves on the OL as they still need to find a center and possibly another tackle. I think they will be OK at G now with Thuney and either Long or Duvernay-Tardif plus still have Wylie as depth there too, KO would likely have to come back in a backup role or try to move to RT possibly. I'm not sold that they are set with going with Remmers or Niang at RT yet either but getting Brown sure solves a big need on the OL.

Draft is going to be interesting now to see what they go for as before this trade I thought they might be active to move up a few spots if one of their OL targets fall and are within reach. Likely need an edge rusher, CB, WR, and maybe a safety along with still drafting some depth on the OL to develop. They have certainly shored up their biggest holes on the OL in free agency and trade so far that it is not as imperative to spend several of their top picks on that now.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Chiefs go after Orlando Brown?
MHVsjvT.gif

Reactions: CloneIce

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Love this trade as a Chiefs fan, we sent the 31 pick in the first round for a 25 year old All Pro Tackle, that played the position 10 games last year. We would have not gotten anyone nearly as good with the 31st pick to help this year.

Chiefs still have two 2nd round picks to get an edge rusher, another lineman or a linebacker. With those two picks they should take the players with the most upside at those positions. Would love to see the center from OU there, but we most likely will be gone by the time pick in the 2nd round.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Love this trade as a Chiefs fan, we sent the 31 pick in the first round for a 25 year old All Pro Tackle, that played the position 10 games last year. We would have not gotten anyone nearly as good with the 31st pick to help this year.

Chiefs still have two 2nd round picks to get an edge rusher, another lineman or a linebacker. With those two picks they should take the players with the most upside at those positions. Would love to see the center from OU there, but we most likely will be gone by the time pick in the 2nd round.
Pretty good call, I'd say by you! And turns out Humphrey was still there. So you like the picks for the Chiefs this year, esp. Bolton and Humphrey in the 2nd round like you described here?

It's like you had a crystal ball! The edge rusher you thought they might go for in 2nd round, they waited 'till the 4th round; what do you think of Joshua Kaindoh ?

It seems like the Chiefs did pretty good overall. I'm glad they addressed the OL. That was a glaring need.

Help Support Us

Become a patron