The Fran fade

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

".... Uhh, every transfer is talked to before they officially enter the portal. Every single one. ..."

That's an exaggeration; we don't don't allow that to happen with our transfer-in players.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
".... Uhh, every transfer is talked to before they officially enter the portal. Every single one. ..."

That's an exaggeration; we don't don't allow that to happen with our transfer-in players.

Feels like the player should be able to feel out what their potential landing spots are before they burn any bridges and are subjected to craziness by their current school.

• Agree
Reactions: Go2Guy and ATCy

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I understand that some of the fans are upset and petty about the transfer because they are fans. Having the AD/PR department involved in the pettiness is a whole different level. I can visualize Fran storming over to the athletic department offices and yelling at the social media employee to type the message.

Last edited:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I understand that some of the fans are upset and petty about the transfer because they are fans. Having the AD/PR department involved in the pettiness is a whole different level. Part of me can visualize Fran storming over to the athletic department offices and yelling at the social media employee to type this message.
Gary Dolphin says hello....

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Two observations. One, in what alternate universe does anyone believe this won't affect future recruiting? Two, where the hell is their Director of Athletics in all of this? How do either of those statements get released?

My presumption is that Fran knows he's f***** and is going down swinging, and if Barta didn't/doesn't realize it, he is as well. Can't imagine a new president putting up with this s***show.

We need to begin save Fran and save Barta campaigns to get in front of this!

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Iowa has the most incompetent AD/PR people in the Country.

It's like the sun rising and setting. You come to expect it.

Logic would indicate that like a coin flip they should occasionally get one of these situations right. But they never do.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
“All the olds go to FB to post”. Hahahaha

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron