Marcus Fizer Jr.

jimonalog

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2020
The way I remember it, I screamed "Noooo!" hundreds of times when Horny shot from deep, and after the swish yelling, "Good shot!"

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
From the article:
Q: "Do you have a dream school?"
MF:
I guess I would say Iowa State, but I think second would be Kentucky or Duke. As long as I’m playing that’s good, if I get to that next level that’s fine by me.

Be a great story if he becomes big 12 caliber and follow his Dads footsteps to Iowa State. Loved watching Fizer play

Jack Gladney

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly would have been preseason #1.

Not to mention that the same year that Fizer went pro, we also had the #1 Juco recruit in the country ruled ineligible because of some ridiculous reason like he was paid meal per diems as a teenager playing amateur basketball in Australia. Others on this board could probably recall the details better. If Fizer had come back and that guy not been ineligible, we would Have been the overwhelming favorite for the national title.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Iowa State is his "Dream School" like that. Not sure if he's on our radar or not. He certainly is not built like his old man, he does have a few years to grow.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Not to mention that the same year that Fizer went pro, we also had the #1 Juco recruit in the country ruled ineligible because of some ridiculous reason like he was paid meal per diems as a teenager playing amateur basketball in Australia. Others on this board could probably recall the details better. If Fizer had come back and that guy not been ineligible, we would Have been the overwhelming favorite for the national title.
Fizer was set to return to Ames but his parent's house burned down so he turned pro to get money for them to rebuild.

1619028922635.png

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I may be getting my screw jobs by the NCAA mixed up but I think he was the one who didn't actually get paid at all but others in the league did get paid which made it a pro league and therefore playing in it destroyed his eligibility. Never mind that other players (two, I think) from the same league were playing at NCAA schools at that very time. I never heard a rationale why those players were eligible and he wasn't.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I don’t know when he found out about the fire, but, per mutual friends at the time, he was never coming back, and it was decided long before the end of the season. Which, when you’re about to be a top 5 pick, is the right decision.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I don’t know when he found out about the fire, but, per mutual friends at the time, he was never coming back, and it was decided long before the end of the season. Which, when you’re about to be a top 5 pick, is the right decision.
Parents told him after the elite 8 loss despite the fire happening months earlier

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I may be getting my screw jobs by the NCAA mixed up but I think he was the one who didn't actually get paid at all but others in the league did get paid which made it a pro league and therefore playing in it destroyed his eligibility. Never mind that other players (two, I think) from the same league were playing at NCAA schools at that very time. I never heard a rationale why those players were eligible and he wasn't.

I don't know for sure, but I think that was somebody a little more recent than that. I'm probably wrong but Lucca Staiger pops into my head thinking about that issue you talked about.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I really hope you are not being serious and you can CLEARLY see that was a joke. I’m mean come on man.
Good. I have heard worse stuff through the last few months here and people were dead serious so I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm glad it was just a dumb joke.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron