Oliver Martin transferring again

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
That's a guy whose athleticism never lived up to his play on the field. He had an outrageous SPARQ score in the 160s, better than most NFL players, but what has he done with it? He's transferred three times looking for playing time.

EDIT: I take that back. His SPARQ score was actually 112, which was 4th best at a camp. Elite athletes score 120 or better. I made the mistake of taking a post in the Internet as fact without double checking it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: aauummm

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That's a guy whose athleticism never lived up to his play on the field. He had an outrageous SPARQ score in the 160s, better than most NFL players, but what has he done with it? He's transferred three times looking for playing time.
I remember Campbell evaluated him in person and didn't think he was worth a scholarship

• Winner
Reactions: Brandon

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
JFC man, drop down a level and have some fun. MAC, CUSA, MWC all good options.seems like he’s just trying to be cool at this point.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
JFC man, drop down a level and have some fun. MAC, CUSA, MWC all good options.seems like he’s just trying to be cool at this point.
Wegher went to Morningside, Martin should drop down to that level.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Yes. He camped at Iowa State and Campbell didn't offer because he didn't think he was good enough at creating separation

That’s why I was surprised he wasn’t better at Iowa. Their receivers always suck at separation but they always have QBs that are pretty good at throwing guys open.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
So he's not good enough to play WR at Michigan. Packs up and leaves for Iowa - a school historically known for having terrible WR talent. Cannot find playing time or production at all at Iowa. Nebraska be like............"welcome aboard"

Anymore I am serious when I type this. I hope our recruits are NOT wanted by Nebraska, they've been a horrendous evaluator of talent the last 5 years, it is like Rhoads era bad there

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

He hasnt lived up to that yet but he’s also had some bad qb play too