ISU #4 in ESPN FPI

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I don't know what to do with my hands...
GvZ6vcg.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's cool, but it's gonna make it tough to get back to the CCG. We'll be getting the best shot from a bunch of excellent teams. If we do make it back to the CCG and even win...wow.
I don't buy this line of thinking. We aren't a secret amongst the Big XII and haven't been for a while. We've been ranked pretty consistently for years now.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I don't buy this line of thinking. We aren't a secret amongst the Big XII and haven't been for a while. We've been ranked pretty consistently for years now.

I see the point of that post to mean the Big 12 is loaded and it won't be easy to get to the CCG! That is all...nothing said we will sneak up on anyone and steal a victory. Just won't be able to have an off day and still reach our hopes! The truth is...it won't be easy!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The FPI may be worthless, but look at that top 7. 6 of those teams are a who's who of college football blue bloods. In a traditional sense we don't belong in the same zip code with those schools. But our coaches and players have performed to a level that we forced our way up there. Who cares why? We crashed the fkn party! Just enjoy it!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I see the point of that post to mean the Big 12 is loaded and it won't be easy to get to the CCG! That is all...nothing said we will sneak up on anyone and steal a victory. Just won't be able to have an off day and still reach our hopes! The truth is...it won't be easy!
He said we'll be getting the teams best shot. I guess if that's not the "target on the back" argument I don't know what is. Typical Cyclone fan nut cup reaction of being ranked high in something.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
He said we'll be getting the teams best shot. I guess if that's not the "target on the back" argument I don't know what is. Typical Cyclone fan nut cup reaction of being ranked high in something.

I mean, it’s obvious it’s not going to be easy to get back to the CCG. But we’ve got the talent and experience.

I hope people can just enjoy this season.

• Agree
Reactions: frackincygy

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

True...but I guess I see it both ways...you are correct in saying we were getting that anyway...I just didn't interpret it like we were going to surprise people again. No doubt the Big 12 knows who ISU is right now...and they want to be the next ISU!

convoluteme

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, lots of people salty about ISU in those responses.

The stupid thing is it's not a ranking, what is there to be salty about? It's a calculation based on inputs and judged on its accuracy. Which is actually pretty good. I highly doubt that EPSN will put out a top 25 made by humans that will have ISU above OSU.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Whew, going to be a fun lead up to the season. 90% of national folks doubting why we are there, we need to prove...a few will then point out the why.....and then the old "yeah, but Ohio State...blah blah"

We do belong and certainly positioned to have a historic year....but one week at a time....because the above logic would also probably say if we stub our toe, we plummet OR don't get the end of season "benefit of the doubt" from others.

Also, let's beat OU TWO times this year

20eyes

May 15, 2020

No, I didn't. I said we'd be getting the best shot from a bunch of excellent teams. It's simply a comment on the strength of the league per the ranking from the OP. A league in which several other teams will believe (legitimately so) that they can get to the CCG. It ain't the PAC...or the B1GW. But I 100% believe we can go beyond last year's success.

I'm just enjoying the ride and this FPI ranking is part of the fun!

But mostly I love the hate and want to see more. ISU vs. EVERYBODY!!!

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Whew, going to be a fun lead up to the season. 90% of national folks doubting why we are there, we need to prove...a few will then point out the why.....and then the old "yeah, but Ohio State...blah blah"

We do belong and certainly positioned to have a historic year....but one week at a time....because the above logic would also probably say if we stub our toe, we plummet OR don't get the end of season "benefit of the doubt" from others.

Also, let's beat OU TWO times this year

This is probably the best OU team since 2008. Beating them once, let alone twice is going to be difficult

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron