Wrestling Town Hall

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Typo! I had it prepared for Gannon to return. But I knew he wasn’t confirming until today. So that’s a typo on me. I finished it up in whiskey river after the event. So apologies friends.
No problem. Thanks for the info

imaclone2

Jun 7, 2008
Sorry to bring the bad news, but Gomez to the portal. Thanks for the mems...
I'd like to know the rest of the story
I'd like to know the rest of the story. He gives up wrestling at thd
He gives up wrestling due to health reasons and now enters the portal. Interesting.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Since the robes are back and we are reconnecting with tradition, perhaps we can get some traditional singlets back in play. I know our old look has some issues with being cleared so perhaps an older look with our new logo would work.

Thoughts on two color singlet with cardinal on top and gold on bottom with logo? (I realize the gold bottoms were shorts back then)

Attachments

• wrestle.jpg
    wrestle.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 17

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Would have loved for Gomez to stay, but beating out Parker would have been tough..Was there any news regarding the RTC at all? Are they adding any athletes or anything?

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Would have loved for Gomez to stay, but beating out Parker would have been tough..Was there any news regarding the RTC at all? Are they adding any athletes or anything?
No. They just highlighted the current guys.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
This is all the FLO article says:

• That's Austin Gomez's music! After announcing he was medically retiring earlier this year, it appears the former Cyclone will return to the mat and move up to 141. During his lone season in the Iowa State lineup, he posted a 24-7 record with wins over Roman Bravo-Young, Austin DeSanto, and Montorie Bridges. Gomez would fall in the bloodround at the 2019 NCAA Championships to DeSanto. Gomez is originally from Illinois where he won three state titles.

• Informative
Reactions: CycoCyclone

MnBrPg

Dec 15, 2015
Kansas City
Since the robes are back and we are reconnecting with tradition, perhaps we can get some traditional singlets back in play. I know our old look has some issues with being cleared so perhaps an older look with our new logo would work.

Thoughts on two color singlet with cardinal on top and gold on bottom with logo? (I realize the gold bottoms were shorts back then)

I'm not familiar an old look having issues. What's the deal, and which look? I'd kill to have a traditional singlet again.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Says he wants to go 141. I am not sure what concussion protocol is at universities
4. Pre-Participation Assessment
All NCAA student-athletes will undergo a pre-participation baseline concussion assessment. This pre-participation assessment will be conducted at (School Name ) and, at a minimum, will include assessment for the following:
• History of concussion or brain injury, neurologic disorder, and mental health symptoms and disorders.
• Symptom evaluation. (Identify tool to be used, e.g., Symptom evaluation in SCAT5)
• Cognitive assessment. (Identify and describe, e.g., ImPACT, Axon, paper and pencil)
• Balance evaluation. (Identify and describe, e.g. BESS, modified BESS, SCAT5, other)
The team physician will determine pre-participation clearance and any need for additional consultation or testing and will consider for a new baseline concussion assessment at six months or beyond for any NCAA student-athlete with a documented concussion, especially those with complicated or multiple concussion history.
Independent Medical Care*
As required by NCAA Independent Medical Care legislation, team physicians and athletic trainers shall have unchallengeable autonomous authority to determine medical management and return-to-activity decisions, including those pertaining to concussion and head trauma injuries, for all student-athletes.

• Informative

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Says he wants to go 141. I am not sure what concussion protocol is at universities
No inside info, but I kind of suspected that the weight was as much an issue as the concussions. If he's feeling better, it makes sense he'd try somewhere else with Parker coming back. Might be against ISU trainer's recommendations also. Ultimately his decision, so no hard feelings. Kid has been through a lot.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
No inside info, but I kind of suspected that the weight was as much an issue as the concussions. If he's feeling better, it makes sense he'd try somewhere else with Parker coming back. Might be against ISU trainer's recommendations also. Ultimately his decision, so no hard feelings. Kid has been through a lot.
This. I don’t blame him for not wanting to sit again behind Ian. He’s already sat for two years.

• Agree

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I don’t quite get this. But if he has more to leave on the mat and he’s actually healthy enough to give it a go, then best of luck to him.
Not sure he would have ever been cleared to wrestle again at Iowa State with his concussion history. It will be interesting to see if any school clears him to wrestle

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not sure he would have ever been cleared to wrestle again at Iowa State with his concussion history. It will be interesting to see if any school clears him to wrestle
Good point