WBB: Miscellaneous Thread for 2020-21 Season

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Thanks, I don't follow all the athletes and count on my CF friends to keep me in the loop.
It's an internship with the Pacers/Fever. It doesn't necessarily mean she's not coming back, since it might just be a summer internship.

Yes, that is likely a summer internship and does not preclude Wise's return. The link below shows what seems to be the exact position with a Spring, Summer and Fall paid Internship. In my experience around 80% of Internships lead to job offers at that company and a good number of those offers are accepted (70%?). I was going by the numbers.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
It's an internship with the Pacers/Fever. It doesn't necessarily mean she's not coming back, since it might just be a summer internship.

She probably had an internship lined up for last summer and it potentially was canceled due to COVID. She may need it to graduate.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
West Virginia has picked up another grad transfer, a 6"6 player from Mississippi State.

Morris is one of six MSU players to announce they are leaving Starkville, from what I've seen. WVU is getting a mostly unproven commodity. She scored just 61 points this season, averaging just 8 minutes a game. Time will tell if landing her is any kind of difference maker.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Well she's a great talented player. I watched her all through HS. She's not really a true PG but can play it very well. About her only weakness is she hasn't yet developed a three point shot. She's more of a pull up jumper and a slasher to the bucket for lay-ups. She would have been a starter this year on at least 75% of the teams in America. TT, TCU, KS, OU, KST could have really used her. She probably would have averaged 15 points per game at those places.

The problem here is log-jam. There were too many good players and a couple that just got seniority favors that put her behind the 8 ball. Next year might be worse. PG duties will be going to either Andrews, Carr or Owens. Whoever doesn't win that battle will probably shift over and still get ample playing time. McDaniels a transfer from PennST was their leading scorer. She's bound to get a lot of time if healthy. Dauda from Arkansas is coming in and may be one the best all around players to ever come here. She can play 4 positions. Has an excellent three point shot but is actually a post/forward. And now as the system is going if there is another super star transfer out there in the portal the staff will probably latch on to them as they have been doing for three years now. So I think Jordan could see the handwriting on the wall and decided to move on to greener pastures. Whoever gets her will be blessed a good player and a good person.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
I wonder this big gal would draw any interest from ISU coaching staff.

She was the 2020 Missouri GBB Gatorade player of the year and is from the Joplin MO area. She has a similar body type as Audi Crooks (slimmer and more mobile) and she can shoot the 3 balls. OU once offered her.

ExHuDZqUcAMWjFH

Last edited:

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
A bit of a random post, but I found this article on ESPN.com written by Mechelle Voepel regarding Jackie Stiles and the SMS (now Missouri State, obviously) Final Four team of two decades ago. Long article, but good read.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I wonder this big gal would draw any interest from ISU coaching staff.

She was the 2020 Missouri GBB Gatorade player of the year and is from the Joplin MO area. She has a similar body type as Audi Crooks (slimmer and more mobile) and she can shoot the 3 balls. OU once offered her.
Billy is now following her on instagram, so she's at least on our radar.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Big news from Texas Longhorns.

The following content is copied from Texas' 247sports site.

Texas sophomore guard Celeste Taylor, the Longhorns' second-leading scorer this past season, is in the transfer portal, Horns247 has confirmed.

Taylor, whose 12.3 points per game were second behind UT 6-foot-5 center Charli Collier's 19.0 points per game, scored a career-high 24 points in Texas' upset of third-seeded UCLA in the second round of the NCAA Tournament to reach the Sweet 16. Taylor followed that up with 15 points and 11 rebounds in UT's upset of second-seeded Maryland to reach the Elite Eight.

Taylor was just 3-of-18 shooting (eight points) in UT's Elite Eight loss to South Carolina.

Taylor, a native of Long Island, N.Y., who has talked about how much she has missed being around her family, averaged 32 minutes per game for Texas in 2021 and led the team in steals (60) for first-year coach Vic Schaefer. Taylor shot just 35.3 percent from the floor and 29.7 percent from 3-point range and had the second-most turnovers (71) for UT this past season behind Collier's 85.

Schaefer has one of the top recruiting classes in the country coming to Texas this fall. The Longhorns will be adding three top 25 prospects in the 2021 recruiting class — 6-foot-1 forward Aaliyah Moore (No. 6, according to HoopGurlz), 5-foot-6 point guard Rori Harmon (No. 10) and 5-foot-8 point guard Kyndall Hunter (No. 24). Texas also has signed two top junior college prospects in Kobe King Hawea, a 5-11 guard/forward, and Femme Sikuzani, a 6-5 center, each of whom will have three years of eligibility.

Texas reached its first Elite Eight since 2016 under Schaefer despite having the seventh-ranked offense in the 10-team Big 12. Schaefer said Texas was able to reach the Elite Eight thanks to buy-in it took defensively from UT players this year.

“I just think that we're different. We're a different coaching staff. We recruited two of these kids — Kyra (Lambert) and Lauren (Ebo) — so it's a different way of doing things, and it is way different probably if you asked most of them,” Schaefer said in a Horns247 exclusive interview on The Flagship Podcast following the upset of Maryland in the Sweet 16.

“I think what you're seeing right now is just a total buy in. I think our kids are bought in to what we do and how we do it. We have a saying in our in our program: It’s not what we do but how we do it that separates us from the rest of the country. I think what you're seeing is our kids, our team buying in to a way of doing things, to a way of life, to a way of accountability that we try to instill in them and then hold them to the standard."

Schaefer said his team's confidence began to soar as players saw their hard work paying off on the court in March.

“This is why we're on the track at 6 a.m. in the morning in August and September conditioning instead of 1 o'clock in the gym when it's 70 degrees and sunny outside," Schaefer told Horns247. "You're not going to get challenged and you're not developing any toughness when it's comfortable.

“When you can learn to be uncomfortable and live uncomfortable, that's when you're really going to go to another level as not only successful in life but as an athlete. And I think what these kids have learned is they've learned that. They're getting it, and it's been a lot of fun to be a part of.”

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SMP05

ISUguy

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa
I don't know much about this player, but her commitment video is pretty neat...

Reactions: Cycsk and bozclone

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Vic Schaefer's long-time first mate got hired by Auburn.

She was the 2018 WBCA National Assistant Coach of the Year and served at Texas as the associate head coach. She was a central part of Mississippi State's success the past eight seasons and is considered one of the nation's top recruiters.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Big news from Columbus, Ohio. She's a 6'4 post player and 2nd in scoring on their team.

By the way, the Ohio State WBB served a postseason ban in the 2020-2021 season.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Big news from Columbus, Ohio. She's a 6'4 post player and 2nd in scoring on their team. Do we have any chance to get her?

By the way, the Ohio State WBB served a postseason ban in the 2020-2021 season.

Going to be an immediate impact player for someone since she's set to graduate and will be a graduate transfer with two years eligibility but she's not our style player, 42% free-throw shooter, 20% three-point shooter.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron