***NCAA Championships (March 18-20)***

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Ferrari heavyweight...guess he did call out king Stevenson and he’s not afraid to walk the walk. Would love to see it. IMHO he rolls 97 again next year though
If Ferrari stays at 197 I can’t wait for him vs Amos. He ducked that matchup for years in high school.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
NICE NCAA title for Iowa program. Love this lineup. Next year will be fun if they all come back.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
Seeing Iowa only get one individual champ that made me think, has any team won a national title without having any individual champs?

Reactions: cyfan21

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
Next year we will be in the top 10.

Like many of you on this board, I remember old school Iowa State. I remember Clyde Williams Field, Maury John, and George Amundson. I remember Chris Taylor and the Peterson’s, and Dan Gable. And Johnny Majors, and the Earle Bruce Show, and baseball on campus. My parents had the foresight to introduce me to the school, and it’s traditions. This said, I do not remember a moment of pure spontaneous joy like that I experienced tonight from the cartwheel followed by the tackle after David won the title. Something about it— the kid’s Christian Faith... his dad and his legacy... and what the Carr family means to our program writ large. It wasn’t a team National Championship. But it was a special moment, initiated by a VERY special young man. It was pretty damn cool. Go Cyclones.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
GUYS WE HAVE A ******* NATIONAL CHAMPION
Thank you @jcordova8 for your passionate coverage of CycloneWR all year around. CF won't be the same without you.
1f44f.svg
thumbs-up.png

Last edited:

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Seeing Iowa only get one individual champ that made me think, has any team won a national title without having any individual champs?

I don't think Minnesota had a champ the year they had 10 AAs and won it.

Also, did Bobby Douglas have a champion the year he won it at ASU?

Others?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Would assume they won’t ALL be back.

Not sure. Spencer and ADS have already said they'll be back. Word is they're all coming back. If so that'll be a tough lineup to beat again. PSU had a nice final night and will be there for sure but I like our chances for another title next year if everyone is back. Bull and Kem are probably the biggest question marks.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not sure. Spencer and ADS have already said they'll be back. Word is they're all coming back. If so that'll be a tough lineup to beat again. PSU had a nice final night and will be there for sure but I like our chances for another title next year if everyone is back. Bull and Kem are probably the biggest question marks.

Can Iowa seriously bring ADS back after this latest incident?. It’s quite severe and is far from the first. I think they need to part ways.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz and CyTwins

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Can Iowa seriously bring ADS back after this latest incident?. It’s quite severe and is far from the first. I think they need to part ways.

What did he do exactly? I still don't know exactly what happened that caused him from taking part in podium.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron