[Michael Parkes Added] 2023 Class Breakdown

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Top 10 Wants
1. QB JJ Kohl - In-State Legacy. BIG prospect with a cannon. Total Stud and would be a huge get.
2. RB Jeremiyah Love - Best running back that I’ve seen this year. 6’1” speedster. This dude has Breece Hall level talent.
3. DE Blake Purchase - Brother of Myles. Same Athleticism, but 6’4”. Top 10 pass rusher in the class.
4. LB Aycen Stevens - 6’4” special athlete and leader. Really advanced with his lateral pursuit
5. WR Kai Black - Urbandale kid. 6’4” 205 fluid athlete. Think he follows JJ.
6. S Jamison Patton - Des Moines kid. Do everything athlete.
7. TE Will Anciaux - crazy high potential.
8. DE Chandavian Bradley - Blue Chip pass rusher who is interested in ISU, but I’m trying to not get my hopes up.
9. ATH Alex Mota - Swiss Army knife. In-State kid. 4 star on On3.
10. DT David Borchers - in State kid.

Last edited:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
That's one good-sized player with nice lateral movement. It will be fun to watch his development as he already looks really good.

Reactions: cyclone4L

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Two notes...

1. If 2021 is another Big 12 championship berth year... get ready for a multi 4 star class.

2. One of our top running backs (who mutually likes ISU) is Antwon Hayden. 6'3" 225lbs as a sophomore. Ranked in the top-60 returning RBs for next year (including 2022, 2023 and 2024 classes)

Just Watch

More to come
He’s gigantic for a sophomore. I like it. The dude could probably be a tight end by the time he’s a senior and finishes growing.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013

Here is the list of my favorite prospects that we are in for.
(Didn't include O-Line because I don't have a good eye for them)

Reactions: stuclone

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Appreciate the work you put into this but I have to admit, the player comps made me chuckle. If we pull guys whose comps are Aaron Donald, Travis Etienne, Tyrann Matthieu and Devota Smith we ought to be pretty good.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Appreciate the work you put into this but I have to admit, the player comps made me chuckle. If we pull guys whose comps are Aaron Donald, Travis Etienne, Tyrann Matthieu and Devota Smith we ought to be pretty good.
Do you know what a player comp is?

• Haha
Reactions: Halincandenza

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Do you know what a player comp is?

By it's very definition I would believe it would be comparing one player to another more notable player, which is why I find it a bit funny that the comps all seem to be either a Heisman Trophy winner, 1st round draft pick or NFL Pro Bowler.

Again, appreciate the effort, I just find the ultra-rosy outlook funny sometimes.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
By it's very definition I would believe it would be comparing one player to another more notable player, which is why I find it a bit funny that the comps all seem to be either a Heisman Trophy winner, 1st round draft pick or NFL Pro Bowler.

Again, appreciate the effort, I just find the ultra-rosy outlook funny sometimes.
I read it as a comparison of play style, not quality. If 4L compares someone to a more obscure player, someone like me wouldn’t know what the comparison is supposed to mean.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I read it as a comparison of play style, not quality. If 4L compares someone to a more obscure player, someone like me wouldn’t know what the comparison is supposed to mean.
Correct. This is how most people read it.
If I compare a player to Boseko Lokombo or DeShazor Everett, it would kinda defeat the purpose of telling you how he plays...

Reactions: cyclone1209

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA

Thanks for posting this. I was about to reply to your original post saying that while I like the list, the glaring exclusion was no offensive line, a place we still need additional talent.

Reactions: Peter