Tennessee cleans house

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Just cause? Right- a just cause to save $12 million. If he was winning, everything disappears.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
They are going to higher Hugh Freeze. Who better to help an institution recover from a cheating scandal than a coach who was run out of the SEC for a cheating scandal?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Remember, TN a few years ago canned Surly's old AD after he tried to hire Schiano. LOL.

What a mess.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The Athletic has a couple good stories on the job and the firing today. Basically Peyton is coming in on the search committee, and the plan is to have the intern guy run the program until the new AD is hired.
From there they mentioned Freeze, but they would have to get an OK from the SEC to hire him, the guy at Coastal, the coach at Cincinnati and a few others.

They also pointed out that this is a difficult time of the year to be hiring a new coach, and that no one is going to take the job without the AD being hired first. So it may be a while before they hire anyone.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
They are going to higher Hugh Freeze. Who better to help an institution recover from a cheating scandal than a coach who was run out of the SEC for a cheating scandal?

Are you clowning Freeze or is this legit? Because nothing would surprise me at U Tenn. Who would even raise an eyebrow when they hire Art Briles...?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The Athletic has a couple good stories on the job and the firing today. Basically Peyton is coming in on the search committee, and the plan is to have the intern guy run the program until the new AD is hired.
From there they mentioned Freeze, but they would have to get an OK from the SEC to hire him, the guy at Coastal, the coach at Cincinnati and a few others.

They also pointed out that this is a difficult time of the year to be hiring a new coach, and that no one is going to take the job without the AD being hired first. So it may be a while before they hire anyone.

They are so screwed.

Reactions: dahliaclone

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

I see they're floating Bill O'Brien. I thought he was going to be Saban's OC after Seven Win Sark went to UT. If you're O'Brien, what do you do if Tennessee wants you?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To heck with it, I will take it on. Even give them a deal. 7 years for $14MM guaranteed. I just feel bad for them.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I see they're floating Bill O'Brien. I thought he was going to be Saban's OC after Seven Win Sark went to UT. If you're O'Brien, what do you do if Tennessee wants you?

Alabama OC has been turned into pretty high level HC jobs the past few years. You're going to be way behind the 8 ball at UT