Hoiberg has Covid

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And indoors and less availability of replacements and and and.

The Jereis dude was back to January form...made comparisons to how well the NBA held things in check this past summer/fall while ignoring the fact that they literally went nowhere else and the NBA is currently having issues.
That guy is one of the biggest morons on this site.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If anything is a fault of Steve's it's probably caring too much about a player's attitude or health. IMO he has lost games sometimes (McKay, Lard) by tough love. That doesnt mean he's a good coach but I think we can all agree he's a good person.

It just seemed like a dumb place to argue about his coaching ability. And one could make the same argument about the Nebraska program if they wanted to.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Hope he continues to improve.

The heart condition definitely gives pause although I'm not sure if there's a connection there.
Many connections with heart issues and COVID. I know of three people with heart issues who got COVID two of them died. One age 39 one age 55 the other a teenager. The results were found at autopsy underlying heart conditions and COVID are deadly. The big question is how many people have had COVID and now have lasting heart issues they don't even know about.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'll never forget watching him on the sidelines the opening night of the Big 10 tournament last March. That was a truly scary moment and kind of put the whole cancellation of March Madness into motion. Maybe this is another one of those omens. #seasononthebrink

This will be one of my more vivid memories during this pandemic as well. If memory serves me correct this was the same time as the Gobert game cancellation. I remember watching those two things together and thinking "holy **** what is going on?"

Crazy how long ago that feels.

• Agree
Reactions: exCYtable and JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This will be one of my more vivid memories during this pandemic as well. If memory serves me correct this was the same time as the Gobert game cancellation. I remember watching those two things together and thinking "holy **** what is going on?"

Agreed. Thanksgiving feels like a year agl

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

I was at the ISU game in KC while that all happened... pretty sureal how news like that traveled thru the arena. It was a very eerie game to say the least.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I was at the ISU game in KC while that all happened... pretty sureal how news like that traveled thru the arena. It was a very eerie game to say the least.

To me COVID was all kind of conceptual up until that night. You knew people were starting to get it, especially on the East Coast, but it wasn't real yet. That night was a total "oh ****" moment where it became more real.

Looking back at the timing of it all, it's crazy that the MBB game in Kansas City was March 11th. I was at the WBB game against Baylor on March 8th with a full crowd. Crazy how fast that moved.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Well ****. Pretty scary given his heart condition. Hope everything turns out ok
If college basketball keep messing around with fire some where someone is going get burnt. Right now, nothing seems to scare AD's. When someone dies, that will all change overnight.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I was surprised when I saw the stat last night that 1135 MBB games have been postponed due to COVID. I didn't realize it was that bad.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Oh yeah, it was wild how quick it all spun so quickly. I was traveling and we cut a trip short a day (i was thinking what if they shut down airlines, etc) and actually was like "but i'll be able to catch the ISU game" and then it all just unraveled.