Matt Campbell Watch

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Would love to see what a Campbell vacation itinerary looks like. Guessing there’s not much “let’s just chill and play it by ear” going on.

Flight delayed: 'Just trust the process kids. It's about where we get to, not when'.

When the family wants to do something, and he want something else:
'To be honest with you, I'd really like to see the dolphins, because of what they've meant to this theme park'.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Sounds like the Jets sent CMC a text asking him to give them a call. CMC is on vacation, looks at his schedule and says sure I’ll call you at 8 am tomorrow. CMC might not even know why they are calling maybe he’s hoping they have an opening for One of our grad assistants or wants to scout some of our guys.

The Jets let it leak that “they’re talking to Matt Campbell about their opening”. The news media blows up and One of CMC’s relatives calls him or someone asks “why are you interviewing with the Jets”? CMC cusses and says they just asked me to call them, didn’t think they were looking for a coach after two years, why would I ever go there????

So CMC calls Randy Peterson and tells him that he is NOT interviewing for the Jets job.

All of this is pure speculation on my part but all the pieces and stories seem to fit.

Everything about CMC indicates that he wants to turn ISU into the Power 5 version of Mt. Union. I think if he does interview for a job we’re screwed. Until then let’s enjoy the ride.
It’s even simpler that that. New York heard Matt Campbell say he was going to be teally turning on the jets next season. Wish fulfillment, they automatically assumed Jets.

(Instead, he’s really turning on a bunch of Cyclones, from what I can see in the Kolar thread)

Reactions: NWICY

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

tenor.gif

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Flight delayed: 'Just trust the process kids. It's about where we get to, not when'.

When the family wants to do something, and he want something else:
'To be honest with you, I'd really like to see the dolphins, because of what they've meant to this theme park'.

"I read on Cyclone Fanatic that Coach Campbell wants to go to the Dolphins." -- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Good thing corn is going to $5. Tickets are going to be tough to get this fall.

Reactions: Scott34

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Would love to see what a Campbell vacation itinerary looks like. Guessing there’s not much “let’s just chill and play it by ear” going on.
I'm thinking more like the president's itinerary in Dave.
I want shuffleboard at 9, juice smoozies at 9:15 lap pool at 10 then wave boarding at 11 before a light lunch at 11:45.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
If I remember correctly, I heard that one of his vacations at Toledo evolved into watching a bunch of film. Could be wrong, but I doubt it. :)

Reactions: agentbear

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The 2022 recruiting class will be very telling. If we take advantage of these years and have an uptick in recruiting as they should be able to it's a good sign CMC will be around for the foreseeable future. If it doesn't it's very possible Campbell isn’t able to tell his recruits he's all in. I understand coach speak but CMC built his legacy on integrity.