We Are the Champions!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What is the ISU historical equivalent of this? The moon landing? Polio vaccine? Discovery of fire?

I am just speechless and in awe of how good this team is.

I was thinking about it earlier today.

If we beat OU, I'd say it becomes very comparable to the '00 basketball season.

Started with a really bad non-conf loss, then started demolishing the Big 12, regular season title, left no doubt in B12 Tournament, then played out the NCAA tournament in a way that the team was top 2-3 in the nation at worst.

This team may not have a legit shot at an NC like that basketball team did, but when you look at where ISU football came from, it's equally impressive.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
What is the ISU historical equivalent of this? The moon landing? Polio vaccine? Discovery of fire?

I am just speechless and in awe of how good this team is.

Their confidence and poise is something we've definitely never seen at ISU. Oklahoma will come out completely geared up in the championship game, and while past ISU teams would have melted, these guys will maintain composure. It's so fun to watch!

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
For most of my 24 years of ISU fandom 8-1 in conference isn't even something I would have thought of.

I would think of a Big 12 championship back in the old Big 12 divisions like maybe we could win the North at 4-4 or 5-3 and get an upset in the title game. 8-1 or even 7-1 wouldn't have even seemed like a possibility.
I am 75. Thought I didn't have enough years left to see this happen.
Happily, I did!! So Happy!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Big 12 Regular Season Champs....

giphy.gif

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Need to win in Dallas As the ccg crowns the champion.

Has a team won the title game yet and finished with a worse record than the loser of the title game?

Those are the years it will seem incredibly stupid to have the title game. I mean if OU wins the CCG at least they'll have the same record as ISU, not a worse record. Imagine if a 6-3 that tied for second with two other teams team beat a 9-0 team...that's kind of a meaningless "conference title" and more just a gimmick for the Big Ten Selection Committee's ever changing criteria.

Really though, if we don't win the title game it'll be basically an exact tie with OU. The only difference being OK State is a little better than KSU.