AP Poll prediction

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Somebody that has multiple losses is going to handle them and then everyone in the media having and orgasm over the Hoosiers is going act all shocked.

Do they play Iowa? I could see iowa kickin the **** out of them, and then jumping in to the top 10.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I was reasonably impressed with Indiana on Saturday. QB and WRs are really good. Fryfogle is definitely an NFL receiver. Defense is serviceable and coach is good. Reminds me a bit of Paul Rhoads. Not sure about top 10 but definitely a legit squad this year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was reasonably impressed with Indiana on Saturday. QB and WRs are really good. Fryfogle is definitely an NFL receiver. Defense is serviceable and coach is good. Reminds me a bit of Paul Rhoads. Not sure about top 10 but definitely a legit squad this year.
They are a decent team, but they got hyped due to beating top ten penn state who happens to be 0-5 now.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Before using the "common opponent" rule, one should always use the "head to head" rule. We beat OU head to head . . .
. . . and OU beat OSU and OSU beat ISU and

hqdefault.jpg

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Of course Iowa doesnt play them. Iowa plays 2 teams with any kind of pulse this year, NW and Wisky.
And lost to one already. Wisky game will be close...they will be 5-3 or 6-2 before their end of year everyone makes the "Champion's Round" game. They likely play Indiana then...maybe Michigan depending on the Wisky game.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I loved how the guys on Fox kept mentioning how horrible tOSU's schedule was, Urban just sat there. The teams they've beat other than Indiana have two wins combined, the next 3 have won 4 total. Indiana will likely be the only team with a winning record they play in the regular season.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Beating Texas will do a lot for our reputation. We are one of the highest ranked 2 loss teams in the country and that is largely due to our win over Oklahoma. To get respect you have to earn it. I think we have earned national respect (evidenced by our #15 ranking) but we have to continue to prove it.

If we lose to Texas, we are going to drop pretty significantly. A lot more than Texas will if they lose to us. Although they are only ranked 20 so that might be enough to drop them out.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
They are getting way too much credit for being down 3 scores and Ohio State getting too cute with their play calling...

OSU could've just ended that game by kicking a FG but Day had a complete brain jam. Just an absolute terrible decision to go for it on 4th given the time and situation. Unless his kicker is hurt that was about the easiest decision ever - kick a chip shot to go up two scores.

Indiana is certainly a pretty good team, but their resume is beating teams that have a combined 4 wins, maybe, and a backdoor cover. And a highly questionable call to get the win over terrible PSU.

I don't think Northwestern is better than ISU, but if you are 5-0 and have played a reasonable power conference schedule I think you've earned a top 12 ranking. I am much better with NW being where they are than Indiana.

I don't think we really have much to complain about pollsters. Since 2017 ISU has typically been one of, if not the highest ranked team with X losses.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
OSU could've just ended that game by kicking a FG but Day had a complete brain jam. Just an absolute terrible decision to go for it on 4th given the time and situation. Unless his kicker is hurt that was about the easiest decision ever - kick a chip shot to go up two scores.

Indiana is certainly a pretty good team, but their resume is beating teams that have a combined 4 wins, maybe, and a backdoor cover. And a highly questionable call to get the win over terrible PSU.

I don't think Northwestern is better than ISU, but if you are 5-0 and have played a reasonable power conference schedule I think you've earned a top 12 ranking. I am much better with NW being where they are than Indiana.

I don't think we really have much to complain about pollsters. Since 2017 ISU has typically been one of, if not the highest ranked team with X losses.
We’re probably destined for one of the shmucks out of the PAC 12 in the Alamo if not the big boy bowls if we can win this SOB, but I would absolutely love to be matched up with northwestern in a bowl game and bring them back to earth. That match up wouldn’t scare me at all.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
We’re probably destined for one of the shmucks out of the PAC 12 in the Alamo if not the big boy bowls if we can win this SOB, but I would absolutely love to be matched up with northwestern in a bowl game and bring them back to earth. That match up wouldn’t scare me at all.

I don't think Northwestern scares anybody, nor should they. They aren't going to blow anyone out, and they probably aren't going to get blown out. They've been good at their strategy of the Fitzgerald era - give yourself a chance in the fourth quarter and try to make one more play than the other team to pull it out.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron