Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Now that we've beaten throttled K-State, who do we want to win between OU and OSU?

OU puts all of us in a huge tie.
OSU secures a spot but gives us breathing room vs OU.

I'm assuming we lose vs Texas.
“Us” who?

If OU wins, we’re free and clear in first place, no matter OSU’s makeup game.

Some of you make a big deal about the regular season BB titles KU has won. Why should this be any different?

I’d gleefully finish alone in first in the standings.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I think I'd opt for OSU, definitely want another shot at them and OU is rolling now. Plus if OU beats OSU and, heaven forbid, ISU loses to Texas and all four win the rest of their games, that leaves 4 teams with 2 loses at the top of the conference. The tie breakers make my head spin.

But, really, the Cyclones just need to beat Bevo next week.
We lose out in that scenario being 1-2 against the pod.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
The Texas game is a must win at this point. We lose that, then we need Texas to lose to either KSU or KU.

Winner of tonight's game doesn't really matter, other than it decides who we'd play in the championship game.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think there are advantages and disadvantages regardless of which team wins. OSU winning basically knocks OU out of the race, whereas OU winning creates a logjam in the standings.

Bottom line, I just want OU out of this. I'd much rather be trying to get the win back from OSU than trying to win 2 against OU in 1 season.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I think there are advantages and disadvantages regardless of which team wins. OSU winning basically knocks OU out of the race, whereas OU winning creates a logjam in the standings.

Bottom line, I just want OU out of this. I'd much rather be trying to get the win back from OSU than trying to win 2 against OU in 1 season.
I seriously don’t care if there is a logjam in the standings.

Because that logjam would be behind us.

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Now that we've beaten throttled K-State, who do we want to win between OU and OSU?

OU puts all of us in a huge tie.
OSU secures a spot but gives us breathing room vs OU.

I'm assuming we lose vs Texas.

I don't get all of these assumptions we're losing to Texa$. We're playing as good as anyone in conference and I think Campbell has them ready to play Friday. Clones 31-24

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Beating WVU if we beat Texas is no gimme so an OSU loss still leaves them in play and they have the tie breaker over us if we lose to WVU after beating Texas.
OSU wins tonight and we beat Texas, we are in. Not the case if OU wins and we beat Texas.
Go Pokes!

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Beating WVU if we beat Texas is no gimme so an OSU loss still leaves them in play and they have the tie breaker over us if we lose to WVU after beating Texas.
OSU wins tonight and we beat Texas, we are in. Not the case if OU wins and we beat Texas.
Go Pokes!
Not correct. If we beat Texas it's a virtual lock we are in. If we tie with OSU and OU at 7-2, the tiebreaker goes to win % against the #4 team I believe. If that is Texas, OSU is out in that scenario.

Try this out to make it easier. http://bball.notnothing.net/big12.php?sport=fb

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I haven't run every scenario on @mred's web site but I haven't yet found one that puts us in the CG without beating Texas (barring a ton of upsets among other contenders). Am I wrong?

So given that, go Pokes for the potential rematch and to knock out OU.

Reactions: CheapClone1202

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Everyone that wants another shot at OSU because it would be easier than OU...realize OSU will probably have to beat OU tonight for any chance for that to happen...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All that really matters is beating Texas folks.

I’m rooting for OSO tonight though just so OU won’t be in again.

• Winner
Reactions: AlaCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron