Metcalf

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
I watched the first episode, pretty awesome. I wasn't the biggest fan of Metcalf's during his college wrestling days, i don't think a lot of people were outside of Iowa fans, but to get a glimpse inside of his head a little definitely gives a different perspective for me. He's actually a really cool dude, who lives the wrestling life and I'm very happy we have him at Iowa State to mentor and coach our youngsters.

condor

Feb 2, 2018
When Metcalf was in college, I always thought, "Where do they find these guys?!?" Probably the wrestler from the other side I have been the most jealous of in my lifetime. I was floored when he signed on at Iowa State. I absolutely could not believe it, and I was super happy. Since then I have gone back and watched many of his college and senior level matches, and the cool thing now is all these years later, Cyclone fans can watch and enjoy how dominant he was. It is great to know that this is the guy who is preparing our young men mentally and physically for competition. I am really looking forward to watching this film.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Episode 1 was AWESOME! For those of you that are on the fence about Flo wrestling I can't recommend it enough. The Flo-films alone are worth the price. I've also watched many away duals and tourneys because of Flo.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Agreed, the first episode was great. Can't wait to see more.
I don't like some of the crap he pulled as a collegiate wrestler, the blatant jerk moves and such, but in watching the doc I learned he's just an all-in kind of guy. Tom and Terry held guys heads down and did everything they could to domineer those they wrestled and I'm sure they coach that way so Metcalf did likewise. The Brands/Iowa style is completely valid, it's proven, it works, but I don't like some aspects of it.
Watching the documentary, looking at Metcalf away from the Brands system, seeing his heart, hearing his philosophies, I'm super pumped he's a Cyclone. I hope he sticks around and is indeed the heir apparent for our program.