Tyrese Hunter PG '21 - Committed!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
We know Tyrese is recruiting Hopkins for ISU.

Just checked the update and ISU is on a number of those shooters and wings. I think Prohm has that in mind.
Hunter Sallis #5
Bryce Hopkins #30
Jordan Nesbitt #46
Alex Fudge #47
Deebo Coleman #55
Tucker DeVeries #101
Johnathan Lawson #105

We also shouldn't forget the wings Dubar, Blackwell already in the fold.
Maybe it’s just me, but I love the idea of a Cyclone MBB team with a Fudge Factor to it.

• Funny
Reactions: Halincandenza

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Am I the only one thinking Prohm should 100% try to land Texas PG Wade Taylor too? I don't think Tyrese will be in America more than 2 Years, and having another lower ranked 4 Star PG to take over would not be a bad thing.
So in two years we find another great PG named Tyrese from Wisconsin. It’s a Cyclone tradition now.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
His length, leaping ability, and explosiveness are comparable to Donovan Mitchell.

The more I watch him, I can't see him at ISU more than a couple of years. He needs to prove a jumpshot but he already has an NBA style of game. He's as NBA ready as anyone we've had at ISU in a long time.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Carefull. That's EIU talk. ;)

well played. This kid can absolutely get to the rack at will and it appears as though his defenders aren’t guarding him too closely at the 3 pt line. If he can develop any sort of outside shot (not obvious in that highlight), he will absolutely break legs in college.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
well played. This kid can absolutely get to the rack at will and it appears as though his defenders aren’t guarding him too closely at the 3 pt line. If he can develop any sort of outside shot (not obvious in that highlight), he will absolutely break legs in college.

I trust his outside shot will develop and diversify his game. The reason multiple scout noted for Hunter’s huge jump in the last rankings was due to showing his growth there. Tyrese athleticism got him 120 rank, it was his summer shooting that got it to top 50 rank in the nation.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I trust his outside shot will develop and diversify his game. The reason multiple scout noted for Hunter’s huge jump in the last rankings was due to showing his growth there. Tyrese athleticism got him 120 rank, it was his summer shooting that got it to top 50 rank in the nation.
He also looked to me more sturdily built than the 6’0” 160 some are still listing him at.

maybe I’m imagining that.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
wish he could graduate early and get to Ames for spring semester

Under the guidance of Steve Prohm, a lot of guards have had significant success, and one who could perform from day one is Tyrese Hunter. Going to Iowa State, Hunter is someone who is going to have a major opportunity for minutes from day one. Hunter is an explosive and athletic point guard who loves to attack downhill, and then also is pretty solid at getting others involved.

Ranked as the No. 56 prospect in the 247Sports Top 150, Hunter is someone who a lot of people will look at as a contributor, but he should be a starter and a major producer given where he was going, the system he will be in, and the skill set that he has. While he needs to improve his shooting, the reality is that Hunter is getting better, and he has a chance to be an impact player in the Big XII very early on in his career.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
wish he could graduate early and get to Ames for spring semester

Under the guidance of Steve Prohm, a lot of guards have had significant success, and one who could perform from day one is Tyrese Hunter. Going to Iowa State, Hunter is someone who is going to have a major opportunity for minutes from day one. Hunter is an explosive and athletic point guard who loves to attack downhill, and then also is pretty solid at getting others involved.

Ranked as the No. 56 prospect in the 247Sports Top 150, Hunter is someone who a lot of people will look at as a contributor, but he should be a starter and a major producer given where he was going, the system he will be in, and the skill set that he has. While he needs to improve his shooting, the reality is that Hunter is getting better, and he has a chance to be an impact player in the Big XII very early on in his career.

While having Tyrese this year would be fun, it don't think it is likely he'd be trusted with a major role in the spring. The reason he is moving up the ranking is he's still developing and could really make a jump up farther if he improves and becomes consistant in his outside shooting.
Obviously I'd prefer him to be coached by our staff there is a good argument that the best thing for Hunter is to get major minutes to be improve his PG skillls work on his shot in order to contribute right away next year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron