Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Ooo ooo...I have! It's kinda weird. The rocky outcroppings from the one side of the rim you're on are totally real. Looking out at the opposite rim, that's like a stage backdrop in a theater.

Canyonlands NP (Island In the Sky) was the same way. I knew it was very real, but it looked fake. It's hard to truly ascertain what a 1000' vertical drop is really like.

Had a friend send me pictures from Yosemite valley and I'm still convinced they just photo shopped all those mountains in. Flat out don't look real.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just got a robo call about suspicious activity in regards to my SSN. I should have dialed 1 to connect to a representative and then messed with them for a while.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Not from that town, same one as my cousin and her kids were from. He may have graduated with my cousins kid.
Does anyone speak BCC, who can translate that for me? T-I-A.

Does this mean that BCC is not from Cresco, Iowa; that he had a cousin who has children, and that I may have graduated along with his cousin's children?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Last night I went to daughter's soccer game at another high school. She is playing on the B team (below JV) so they aren't playing in the stadium. However this school's grass field backs right up to the parking lot so some parents park and sit in their cars and watch. There is a chainlink fence all around the field and the fans are expected to sit outside the fence. We were sitting along the sunny side of the pitch which is just a few feet from the sidewalk next to a street. Just as the game is starting a very loud lifted pickup goes by with a giant political flag flying over the bed of it. Not that big of a deal except the flag has profanity on it in very large letters. So what, right? Except that the truck turns into the high school parking lot and backs into a parking space right behind one of the goals. Fortunately there was a breeze last night so everyone could read the profanity on the flag the entire game. After the game the other team's keeper gets into the truck and her (apparently) dad drives her away.

Does anyone else find that totally inappropriate for high school athletics?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I always thought having high schools with a name different than the city was weird growing up. I was either going to be going to Waterloo West High School or Cedar Falls High School. Then you start seeing names like AGWSR, MFL-MARMAC, etc.
There's always "Ballard of Huxley", which always sounded like some sort of knight to me..."Sir Ballard, of Huxley". The towns in the Ballard school district were Huxley, Slater, Cambridge & Kelley.

Reactions: GMackey32

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Last night I went to daughter's soccer game at another high school. She is playing on the B team (below JV) so they aren't playing in the stadium. However this school's grass field backs right up to the parking lot so some parents park and sit in their cars and watch. There is a chainlink fence all around the field and the fans are expected to sit outside the fence. We were sitting along the sunny side of the pitch which is just a few feet from the sidewalk next to a street. Just as the game is starting a very loud lifted pickup goes by with a giant political flag flying over the bed of it. Not that big of a deal except the flag has profanity on it in very large letters. So what, right? Except that the truck turns into the high school parking lot and backs into a parking space right behind one of the goals. Fortunately there was a breeze last night so everyone could read the profanity on the flag the entire game. After the game the other team's keeper gets into the truck and her (apparently) dad drives her away.

I find it inappropriate anywhere.

That includes bumper stickers with bad language, etc.

Some people just can't keep their belligerence capped.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Does anyone speak BCC, who can translate that for me? T-I-A.

Does this mean that BCC is not from Cresco, Iowa; that he had a cousin who has children, and that I may have graduated along with his cousin's children?

Phone typing. More text style. No I'm not from that town. I thought you were from a different one, same as your roommate was from; I could be wrong. And yes, I have a cousin/s who had kids who graduated from crestwood (maybe a different town, but thinking crestwood) and would have been your age or a year older most likely. My dad's side has about 30 cousins in my level. So they go from mid 70 something down to mid 30s. I'm either third or fourth from the youngest.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

AD should have told them to take the flag down or leave the game.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Phone typing. More text style. No I'm not from that town. I thought you were from a different one, same as your roommate was from; I could be wrong. And yes, I have a cousin/s who had kids who graduated from crestwood (maybe a different town, but thinking crestwood) and would have been your age or a year older most likely. My dad's side has about 30 cousins in my level. So they go from mid 70 something down to mid 30s. I'm either third or fourth from the youngest.
I hear ya. On my mother's side I have cousins that are in their late 40s all the way up to the oldest, who's pushing 80.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Agreed...or at least ask him to take the flag down. And I don't care which candidate he was against.

After being pounded with these Ernst/Greenfield ads, I would find it better if they just took those millions of dollars and bought votes right now. We could all get probably a hundred bucks at least and not have to deal with these incessant commercials.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Could the cousin's kid be someone who was called "Luap" by some?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
No matter how bad your day is going it has to be better than this

How in the world do you not have enough clearance on a train track over a train track? How would you like to be the car dealer telling your customer, your car is now backordered because it was in a train wreck.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
There's always "Ballard of Huxley", which always sounded like some sort of knight to me..."Sir Ballard, of Huxley". The towns in the Ballard school district were Huxley, Slater, Cambridge & Kelley.
It seems like a very iowan thing to have a high school named after a nearby creek

Reactions: ImJustKCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron