Am I the only person that is putting ZERO stock in to this season?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This season is basically just an exhibition to me.... which is fine. Wins are great, but pretty meaningless this year. When so many teams aren't playing, and games getting canceled every week..... any accomplishments you achieve this year don't really mean too much.

Look at all the upsets in the Big 12 yesterday.... it just isn't the same.... there's no energy in any of these games.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The hype around how ISU is 'loaded' reminds me of how much CPR's teams got when it was very clear that they really weren't very good.

Im not even interested in extrapolating this season to what might have been with a normal off season, a normal fall camp/practice and our actual schedule that we were supposed to play. The NCAA isn’t even counting this year for eligibility and that says everything. I’m happy there’s some money coming to help not sink the AD. That’s it.

Reactions: clonedude

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This season is basically just an exhibition to me.... which is fine. Wins are great, but pretty meaningless this year. When so many teams aren't playing, and games getting canceled every week..... any accomplishments you achieve this year don't really mean too much.

Look at all the upsets in the Big 12 yesterday.... it just isn't the same.... there's no energy in any of these games.

Loose term.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Who the hell is still allowing themselves to buy into the preseason hype of ISU football? At some point you only have yourself to blame.
Paul Rhoads era 5 years in a row... "this is the most talented runningback room in the history of sports and wally burnham has this defense in peak form" Reality: "not so fast"

Reactions: khardbored

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Pretty easy to write off a season after dropping a **** bomb game one.
I don't think anyone is writing the season off per say. I'm sure this team will still go over .500 but this was a team that some felt had top 10 potential. You can't drop games like this if you aspire to be that type of team or program.

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I think fans are certainly fine to treat this year however they want. However this pandemic has taught us a lot about how hard it is to pause time. As long as father time is undefeated, this year is going to be important just like any season for a college football program. The goals may be different and W/L may not be as important - and number 1 has to be avoiding a large outbreak of Covid - but maybe more than ever what you do when nobody is watching determines whether you end up being a winner.

Reactions: Nothingman

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Season not counting...etc...Holy cow I smell loser mentality here. Everyone was on the hype train. I've been saying for awhile that ISU is a long ways from 'big time'. Recruiting rankings need to be in the top 30 three classes in a row in order for me to start believing the hype. I'm prepared for many years of ~ 7-5. An occasional 8 or 9 win season if the chips fall right.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Im not even interested in extrapolating this season to what might have been with a normal off season, a normal fall camp/practice and our actual schedule that we were supposed to play. The NCAA isn’t even counting this year for eligibility and that says everything. I’m happy there’s some money coming to help not sink the AD. That’s it.

Yeah it's overall a wash but for future prospects I have to wonder where ISU really is and the better talent from this 'season' may still not return next year for a variety of reasons.

There should still be a strong foundation even if it feels like biweekly scrimmages just like you like to see good spring ball.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
It all feels like an exhibition/scrimmage and it feels forced.

I'll still watch. Whatever.
I’ve kind of viewed this entire year as an asterisk. With so many teams not playing, I don’t know how one could justify awards or championships this season, outside of conference awards and championships.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Season not counting...etc...Holy cow I smell loser mentality here. Everyone was on the hype train. I've been saying for awhile that ISU is a long ways from 'big time'. Recruiting rankings need to be in the top 30 three classes in a row in order for me to start believing the hype. I'm prepared for many years of ~ 7-5. An occasional 8 or 9 win season if the chips fall right.
Considering where this program has been - consistent 7-5 and occasionally better is MUCH better than the alternative.

hawthorncourt

Sep 9, 2020
I’ve kind of viewed this entire year as an asterisk. With so many teams not playing, I don’t know how one could justify awards or championships this season, outside of conference awards and championships.
Why though? The big 12 is playing, the cyclones are playing that's all that matters. Unless you're a B1G fan or Pac fan, it has no effect on Clones conference play.