WATCH LIVE HERE: CF's Virtual ISU Football Preview Show/Kickoff Party - Wednesday & 7:30

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Most of you have probably seen our social media promotion but instead of having our annual kickoff party this year, we are doing a virtual one tomorrow night. Join Brent Blum, Bret Meyer, Jay Jordan, Ben Bruns & myself to preview the upcoming season and have a few drinks as well. The stream will be live on CF's Facebook, Twitter and YouTube feeds. You can also watch it live here on this thread.

Wednesday, Sept. 2 from 7:30-9:30.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
'I don't know if he's fast enough to play TE.'

Ha!

Last edited:

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
That was a great kickoff party. Very interesting to hear everyone's insights for the upcoming season.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JRE1975

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Great stuff. Not quite the same as when we are at a local establishment, but nice that Fanatics around the world could participate the same as those of us in Central Iowa.

Reactions: Aclone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Don't think I heard anything about linebackers. Are we really that excited about the D-line that we didn't even talk about linebackers? Cannot wait to see this team in action.

• Agree
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
You guys should honestly do a virtual kickoff party every year, along with the in person one. Out of the 300-400 people watching live last night, I wonder how many were from out of state or it being their first kickoff party they attended. I know it was for me. Not to mention all the people that will be watching it on demand.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I think this was one of the best pieces of content this fan site has produced to date. Loved every second of it. Thanks fellas.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and Cycsk

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Listening to it in the background at work. Interviewing Bret Meyer now. Kind of a random question, but why didn't he ever get a serious look in the NFL? He had decent size and was statistically our best QB til Brock (still might hold a few records, idk, can't look right now.) Shouldn't he be starting for the Washington Football Team right now? *jimlad on the last part*

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Watched it this morning on youtube, great show. Thanks everyone at CF for putting this on.

Watching the replay is a value-added feature of a virtual event. Participation in the live manifestation is just the beginning. It will be interesting to learn how many times it is viewed in the next 10 days.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just a suggestion?

I’m sure that you had some limitations with availability on this, but is there any way you could do something like this as a round table event?

Jay and Ben said some very similar and some complementary things about the OL, and it would have been interesting to hear the guys bouncing off one another.

And (just for one example) it would have been interesting to hear all three of them shooting back and forth thoughts for the wide receiver room.

For that matter, toss in Jeff Woody and Sage Rosenfels, and we’ll really get on a roll. :cool:

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I just want to say THANK YOU to Chris and Brent for pulling this off. I watched this show live last night on my big screen and for 90 minutes I got to do a deep dive into Cyclone football and forget all about the pandemic. It was awesome!

Chris, Brent, Brett, Jay and Ben we're amazing to listen to. It would be so cool if you could do this type of show each week to dissect the upcoming game or review the past game.

Thanks for an excellent show!

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Listening to it in the background at work. Interviewing Bret Meyer now. Kind of a random question, but why didn't he ever get a serious look in the NFL? He had decent size and was statistically our best QB til Brock (still might hold a few records, idk, can't look right now.) Shouldn't he be starting for the Washington Football Team right now? *jimlad on the last part*
He had a pretty abysmal final season which probably had more to do with it being Chizik’s first season than his ability. But he had a downward trending stat line after his second season and I don’t remember his arm strength being great.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Really enjoyed the show. Jay was the highlight with his insights.
However, Ben needs to focus on something besides the Bucks game, and CW, you know your volume left a little to be desired.