Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It was probably more people who never would have attended the game at all, but are paying customers to the university- the students and their parents, who are already very unhappy about the mostly-online but full rate situation and having 25,000 fans in the stadium runs completely against that.

You've gotta remember that Wendy has larger constituencies than just the sports fans.

How was Wendy unaware of this before Monday? That's the thing that keeps baffling me.

Reactions: Closed Casket

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I would hope all of the above were on board or at least consulted about the original decision. I would doubt their opinions changed in 2 days.

The outrage was mainly from those sitting behind a computer screen that wont go to the game anyway.

No, I really don't believe they were or if they were their voices weren't heard. This blew up after Iowa State announced 25,000.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
In before I read the over 200 responses so far (hand sanitizer and face mask on). Although I am disappointed in the reversal, I trusted the administration when the original decision was made and I trust them now. This speaks volumes of the leadership that can make a decision and is not afraid to reverse itself. In fact i trust them more now that these events have happened.

This doesn’t speak volume to leadership at all. lol leadership shouldn’t need a mob to make their decisions.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I contend the real 'coronabros' are the ones who go out and engage in nonessential high-risk activities and complain about having to wear a mask ,and act like those of us who simply limit our risk are 'giving up' or 'living in our basement' or any other number of things they've said to attack those doing the right things to get us through this sooner.

And we have another user that qualifies for a "DUMB as ****" button... Make it happen CF

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This is seriously problematic misinformation. It means that 15% of the tests in Iowa on a specific day came back as positive. It's not total number of Iowans. And a positive test means all sorts of things - including asymptomatic people
Smh. Definitely a joke, but the virus isn’t nearly as serious as you seem to think it is. The average age of death is around 74! Just like most countries in Europe, or in U.S. New York, Florida, Arizona, etc, the virus spikes and we see high cases, then it goes back down when it gets through enough people. Has already hit work in central Iowa for me the last couple weeks. Nobody has had symptoms any worse than a common cold. Half have had none. Deaths, cases, and hospitalizations have dramatically decreased the past few days in the United States. It’ll be okay, there’s a lot of things out in this world that are riskier than dying of covid.

kcbob79clone

Don't kid yourself. The Karens of the world would have been out in full force at even 25%. You can never appease a mob.

Agreed, anything above 0% would have have been criticized as much or more than 25k. Couldn't get the games canceled so now they are going after fan attendance.

But you know what amazes me most, how much off a sour a&& losers they are. Still snarky after a win, amazing!

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
But you can reasonably extrapolate that out to the total population with a +\- attached to it.
Is this true? I was under the impression that the inherent flaw (that your sample is skewed towards positive) prevents sampling risk from being reduced enough in order to make predictions about the population. Also, the sample size may be too small.