Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Should it not be a coaches job to try and get his team to do this every single week?

Some coaches try to get their teams to peak for conference and post season play, others focus on non conference games and fade when it really counts

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Some coaches try to get their teams to peak for conference and post season play, others focus on non conference games and fade when it really counts
All coaches do the former. They do not try to have their teams only play well in the non-con and then not care about the conference games. That's ridiculous. In both CBB and CFB, losing a non-con game could be the difference between making the tournament, a bowl game, the CFP, etc. Every game is important.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
All coaches do the former. They do not try to have their teams only play well in the non-con and then not care about the conference games. That's ridiculous. In both CBB and CFB, losing a non-con game could be the difference between making the tournament, a bowl game, the CFP, etc. Every game is important.

I mean the Fran fade is real

Iowa has important football players that would rather beat Iowa State once than Wisconsin four times

I do agree with you it's ridiculous but that's just how they do things over there

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean the Fran fade is real

Iowa has important football players that would rather beat Iowa State once than Wisconsin four times

I do agree with you it's ridiculous but that's just how they do things over there
The Fran fade is real, but it's real not because his teams do overly well in the non-con and then tank in the conference season. That nickname is due to his teams bowing out the last bit of the season, which throws his team's seeding in tournaments out of whack, which then hurts his teams chances of moving on deeper than they have.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If that's the case they've been pretty successful at it. Been a big failure for JP. Everybody knows he obsesses over it.

Look up the word failure in the dictionary and it uses Gary Barta as an example. But you guys just continue to drink the squid ink and urine colored Kool-Aid.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The Fran fade is real, but it's real not because his teams do overly well in the non-con and then tank in the conference season. That nickname is due to his teams bowing out the last bit of the season, which throws his team's seeding in tournaments out of whack, which then hurts his teams chances of moving on deeper than they have.

I mean they definitely play better vs us than they do in March

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean they definitely play better vs us than they do in March
Yes and they do better usually in January and February than they do in March too. They (usually) fall apart in March

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
maybe..maybe Iowa doesn’t get stuck in same bracket as the national champion in Eltie 8 on their home floor more or less.

One thing that hasn’t changed in NCAA tourney is teams need 3 things to advance deep:

1- At least 2 very good to stud players
2- Be top 25ish in both defense and offense in Ken Pom..
3- Luck
1- Murray twins
2- Fran made a DVD on defense, offense shouldn't be an issue
3- JBo has had a miracle before (not my words-USA Today) against powerhouse Rutgers

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
1- Murray twins
2- Fran made a DVD on defense, offense shouldn't be an issue
3- JBo has had a miracle before (not my words-USA Today) against powerhouse Rutgers
I think that was Northwestern. Rutgers was when JW banked a corner three in to win.

Reactions: JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
MULTIPLE MIRACLES!

Gah, I may have to consider a Natty appearance.
Time will tell. I'll believe Iowa will make a Sweet 16 when they do it, no different than I'll believe Iowa State will make the Elite 8 when I see it. I don't remember the last one. Lol

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Andrew Downs is on sports fanatics right now and the hype train for Iowa bball is full speed ahead. It's time to win a natty! This storied program is thiiiirsty

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Andrew Downs is on sports fanatics right now and the hype train for Iowa bball is full speed ahead. It's time to win a natty! This storied program is thiiiirsty
Ooooh. I hope the Hawkeye Express in Coralville has room and a stop off at Carver.